Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Seattle!
I’m picking up a 2005 Outback XT in silver on Monday. I have owned/co-owned around 7 Subarus in the last 10 years including 3 first gen Impreza sedans, 2 first gen OBS, a 14 XV and a 2nd gen legacy for a short time.

Currently I have my 99 Impreza “WRX” with a EJ20 JDM swap with full ver4 typeRA body and tasteful mods. As I now commute ~ 80 miles daily, I began looking for a new car to take the miles instead of the Impreza classic. That brings me to a 5MT 4th gen Outback XT in silver.
I’m very excited!

So... why does this forum have the generations listed one off? We are currently on Gen 7 legacy/outback as of 2020 with the first ones being a legacy outback trim. My enthusiast friends and I’ve always identified them as such.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
10,369 Posts
I don't know the particulars but our generational characterization matches Wikipedia.

I guess technically it's the seventh generation of Legacy but sixth generation Outback

1 - 2 of 2 Posts