Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so apparently the shake issue was resolved on vehicles with a build date post 2/11 (well...for the most part). But, honestly, what percentage of cars are actually affected by the shake issue?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking on the local Subaru lots (I'm in Fort Wayne - looking in FW, Indy, South Bend, and Lafayette), and am seeing a number of 2010/2011 OB's with 40-60,000 miles on them, and after this evil Jeep I'm driving, the last thing I need is to buy headaches. It seems to me that, as they're 2-3 years old and have similar mileage, indicating leases and/or trade-ins. I don't know, given the reactions I've read on here, that people would be driving a vehicle for 50K+ miles if there was a problem.

So, what I'm getting from reading the Outback boards is that a vast majority of early 4th gens have the shake, the TSB's don't do anything, and you MUST use continental tires or the car will automatically start shaking like a dog pooping peach seeds no matter the balance.

Or am I just seeing a select group of people who happen to have the problem and it really is (as Subaru states, based on the replies I see on this board) a very small minority of cars built?

Wow that was rambling...Long story short - should I consider 2010/11's after a 5-10 mile highway drive at 55-75 mph test drive, or should I just run away screaming?

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,677 Posts
Whatever you look at, take it for a lllooonnng highway drive and drive the 65 to 75 mph range and feel for the shake in the wheel. If it is real bad you will feel it in the seat of you pants too.

Yes, it was a small number of cars so also check the service records to see if any of the shake TSB's were done on it. :29:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts