Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked a 2006 Obw 2.5i auto with 119000 miles. Looks not too bad. Some rust on the roof, none on the wheel wells. It was an American car to begin with. Unsure if timing belt has been done or head gaskets. Oil has been always been changed. The coolant is clean. Trans fluid looks dark but not burnt. Needs both front axles due to boots cracked.
It makes a buzzing sound when driving, thinking it might be an axle. I offered 3500 cad. It has 119000 miles. Oh,front tires are worn on outer shoulder too.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,165 Posts
I looked a 2006 Obw 2.5i auto with 119000 miles. Looks not too bad. Some rust on the roof, none on the wheel wells. It was an American car to begin with. Unsure if timing belt has been done or head gaskets. Oil has been always been changed. The coolant is clean. Trans fluid looks dark but not burnt. Needs both front axles due to boots cracked.
It makes a buzzing sound when driving, thinking it might be an axle. I offered 3500 cad. It has 119000 miles. Oh,front tires are worn on outer shoulder too.
all that seems fixable.

the 2005 and later do not rust like the 2000-2004 at the wheel wells and dog legs. (body is sealed up better there.).

look under the 4 door sills at the pinch welds though.

toss on a Aisin timing belt kit as soon as you get it. change all fluids.

rust on the roof reminds me of hail damage, or a leaky windshield, or that it go hit / scratched there and the new paint on the fix is not any good.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,165 Posts
Aisin has Japanese parts in it,

Gates is all Chinese junk now. so Aisin is the last aftermarket kit to buy.

and I have only seen western pics of the gravel / stone dust road cars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aisin has Japanese parts in it,

Gates is all Chinese junk now. so Aisin is the last aftermarket kit to buy.

and I have only seen western pics of the gravel / stone dust road cars.
Here In Alberta, they use 5mm (3/16) gravel on the roads and most of the cars here have stone chipped paint on hoods windshields and roofs. Not unusual to see a 1 year old vehicle with new windshields. Good to know about the Aisin parts, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts