Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i test drove and really like the car. its priced at $6500 and has 127,000 miles. runs strong and seems ok? the guy bought the car at auction and had it for a year and just bought an 08. he knows nothing about it and thats what worries me. i think he will take $5900, its a 5 speed good tires and inspection, under side looks good , motor sounds and runs strong. opinions thoughts please.......p/s i read alot about belts ,banjo bolt and other stuff

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Found two at dealers with raving salesman reviews, but no records of any kind. They both ran super strong, but as a total Outback rookie, I decided to pass. I'd rather buy from a guy that can tell me and show me what he's done. Neither of the dealers would offer me a warranty and both cars had around 80K. Something just didn't settle with me. Gorgeous vehicles though! :-(

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
if you post your city, maybe someone could suggest a shop that would do a pre-purchase inspection. Might give you some ammo to negotiate a better price, or find something so bad that you avoid a big mistake.

You got the awd system AND the turbo that can lead to $$$$ kinda problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
1 Lucky Texan
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing