Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would ask here for any great recommendations for a bike rack and window deflectors for my 2003 Outback Limited Sedan before looking on the web.

I was told that I would need a bike rack to mount on the roof instead of the rear because I have a rear spoiler that extends off the back trunk.

As far as the window deflectors go...yeah...my model Outback has no door frame that actually wraps around the window so the deflectors would have to mount on the window or on the narrow part of the car between the windshield and the door. Has anyone else mounted these deflectors? I really need them because the car is not very wind-resistant especially when i am driving down a hill.

Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a 2002 and got my window guards off of Ebay. They are made by AVS and mount just above the doors with 3M 2 sided tape. Have had them on the car for a couple of months and so far with no problems with them. They were easy to install also.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding.
The last set I bought were from Autozone but I forget what I paid for them. As far as the bike rack is concerned, I really don't want to mount my bike on my roof. At my job we sell bike racks made by Graber but I'm not sure the rack will clear the rear spoiler on the back. I know they're adjustable...it just looks like there may be a problem judging by the picture on the box. Only one way to find out right?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2002 and got my window guards off of Ebay. They are made by AVS and mount just above the doors with 3M 2 sided tape. Have had them on the car for a couple of months and so far with no problems with them. They were easy to install also.
I just checked out Ebay. Yeah...I see them. My only concern is do they mount on the car itself because my Outback Sedan has no door frame that extends over the glass. Very strange setup if you ask me.

I found a set of four rain guards compatible with a Subaru Outback but not sure if they will work with a Outback Sedan?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Are you talking about the racks that strap onto your trunk? I know many modern racks are configured to clear most wings, short of something huge like on an STI. Saris Bones, Yakima King Joe, and Thule Raceway come to mind.

But if you were considering a roof rack system, that's the kind of money that would get you a hitch + decent hitch rack. That's a whole different discussion.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about the racks that strap onto your trunk? I know many modern racks are configured to clear most wings, short of something huge like on an STI. Saris Bones, Yakima King Joe, and Thule Raceway come to mind.

But if you were considering a roof rack system, that's the kind of money that would get you a hitch + decent hitch rack. That's a whole different discussion.
Yes. The trunk racks. I think it will clear the rear spoiler enough.

The other mystery is in regarding the rain guards for the windows. Not sure they will be able to be attached to my car because of the missing door frame that surrounds the window?

The guy at Autozone told me there is a company that makes them, but I'm going to check with another guy before I order them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Storkiln
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing