Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback Limited w/ Eyesight
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a proud Subaru owner for over two years now. Have clocked almost 40K miles on our 2016 Outback Limited and love it. Became a Subaru ambassador about a year ago and have convinced a few family members and friends to consider purchasing Subarus over the past year. That said, I have a friend who is willing to take the plunge on a 2018 Crosstrek Premium w/ eyesight and a few bells and whistles.

When I purchased my Outback, I qualified for VIP pricing ( 2% below dealer invoice) and I am trying to help my friend get a good deal from a dealership around D.C., where he lives. Do you guys have any recommendations ? The MSRP on his vehicle with options ( not including destination, taxes and fees) is $ 28,239. A price close to $2500 off sticker would seem like a fair price for the car. Also looking for a dealer that won't charge atrocious processing fees - up to $ 199 would be acceptable. Destination, taxes and registration extra.

Would greatly appreciate inputs from fellow boarders and dealers in the area.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Premium
188 Posts
Annapolis Subaru is the favorite for members of the Maryland Subaru Club. You may want to check out the club FB page, some of the people from the dealership are very active there.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Keep in mind most VA dealers are going to charge you a $600 documentation fee. MD dealers are charging $300. PA is around $135. Might be worth the drive up to PA.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
451 Posts
ourisman.

Doc fee was half of va dealers. I took a 3.6R limited with PP1 off their lot for33K flat, minus 500.00 more for an ambassador coupon.

I dont buy cars in Va any more. I don't do extortive doc fees. I think it was 299. Pa is like 135

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your friend wants to take a short "vacation" trip, I highly recommend Prestige Subaru in Ashville, NC. More specifically, Eric Bates is the Salesman I dealt with. They were recommended to me by a vehicle repair shop here in Kingsport, TN. I got an excellent price (and the doc fee < $200) for a 2018 Outback. Dealing with Eric was no pressure and, after talking to him about what I was looking for, he brought me exactly what I wanted for a test drive. Since I wasn't trading in a vehicle, he arranged for someone to pick me up at my home in TN the next day and drive me back to Ashville (about 90 mi each way) for a very reasonable fee.

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
595 Posts
If your friend wants to take a short "vacation" trip, I highly recommend Prestige Subaru in Ashville, NC. More specifically, Eric Bates is the Salesman I dealt with.
It is so nice when someone has such a great experience with a specific dealership and sales person that you feel comfortable in recommending them by name.

·
Registered
1999 30th Anniversary Legacy Outback DOHC 2.5L 4EAT, 2008 Impreza WRX 2.5L 5MT, 2008 Impreza Wagon 2.5L 4EAT
1,224 Posts
Doc fees are outrageous. You want me to pay an extra $500 for buying a car from your dealership. Just another way to bring you in with a low price and make it up via a doc fee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts