Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Borla Cat-Back #14885 exhaust for my 04 outback. Is there any other exhaust that works for it, or is that my only option? LET ME KNOW.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Or have one made from any exhaust shop. Stainlees steel look is great but and expensive. I like the look but they do not make one for the H6 and then again here with all the snow and de-icer it would be trashed in time. I had a cat back made and sounds great.

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
You can also go with a catback made by Stromung. Boxer4racing.com should carry them, but you'd have to e-mail them about the availability, since the exhaust isn't specifically shown on the website. I'm considering to get the Stromung unit or to getting a custom exhaust made with a Magnaflow muffler & resonator for my 03 Outback.

You can view how the Stromung unit looks on a 2nd gen Legacy GT sedan(same exhaust as our 2nd gen Outbacks have) here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/decent-exhaust-kit-01-lgti-94298p3.html

·
Registered
DIY-Turbo 2.2l OBS 12.89s 1/4mile @ 106.17MPH
399 Posts
SPT had a stainless steel axel-back exhaust for the BH Legacy way back when these cars were new.
I saw them on sale super cheap on the subaru parts websites a while back super cheap a while back.

Stainless steel is the only way to go if you live in a region with salted roads as it will not turn into dust the way a mild steel exhaust will with some time.

·
Registered
outback 2.5L 5 speed wintergreen
17 Posts
I had a 2.5inch cat back made for me at a shop with a regular magnaflow muffler on my 2002, i then got the tsudo uel headers online that are 2.5inch that come with what they call a high flow cat. sounds really good but the flang the shop made me was not meant for my new headers, so i have a small exhaust leak. if looking for a full system i would mount the headers first then get the cat back so you wont have any major exhaust leaks.

·
Registered
'01 Outback
220 Posts
I have the Borla XR1 on my STi and it is the best sound by far. Burbly at idle and putting around town, noise of the ancients when you put the loud pedal down. Definitely one of my best purchases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts