Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback L.L. Bean, 3.0 H6 @ 85k and 2000 Outback Sedan Limited @ 206k
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2002 L.L.Bean edition outback was in an accident, and they had to replace the fender. They went to order the badge for the side, but because subaru and L.L.Bean ended their partnership in 2009 subaru isn't licensed to sell the badge anymore. So now I just have the badge on the passenger side of the car, and it bugs me. I am looking to see if anyone has a badge that they have lying around that I could buy. I checked eBay but I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,533 Posts
parts yard or

pm Lockmedic here (he has a private subaru junkyard for Gen2 and probably a few of such things poking around based as one is his daily driver.)
Pry off and glue on.

2019 edit: Lockmedic moved out of gen2 subarus recently.:(

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,227 Posts
Bummer, I threw Mal's away when I took them off. That said, they do occasionally pop up on Ebay.

·
Registered
4, Gen 2 H6's: 2001 LLBean, 2002 LLBean, 2002 VDC, 2003 Plain...I love the H6's!
230 Posts
When my Bean was in an accident that ruined the front fender last winter, I peeled the LLBean badge off the ruined fender and glued the badge on the replacement...Now I am glad I did!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did someone say Gen2 junkyard? I need a driver’s side rear door for my black 2002 bean that isn’t dented like mine is.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,533 Posts
Did someone say Gen2 junkyard? I need a driver’s side rear door for my black 2002 bean that isn’t dented like mine is.
updated my old post above.

try some local junk yard, easy cheap pick / pull or part outs. doors are heavy to ship anywhere, ...but easy to unbolt as a DIY.

black is hard to come by.

so: get a 2000-2004 door, and take the interior / outside latch off yours, and have it painted to match if you can't find a black one.

I can actually find lots of 2000-2004 outbacks in the junk yards/ pick and pulls / part outs by me. (I even have a 2003 navy blue outback in the classifeds here,...in upstate NY)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yea that’s a good plan. Ultimately I plan to get another car. I’m picky though. Gotta be second gen llbean without dents and the wheel well rot and white, light gray or light green and 150k miles or less. It can be done but I might have to drive 1000 miles to get it.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
4,878 Posts
Let the bidding process start for parts of this Gen 2 that's come through a sad event, so they can live again:

·
Registered
2004 Subaru OBW L.L. Bean H6. 2003 Subaru OBW L.L. Bean Former 2001 Subaru OBW VDC owner.
1,007 Posts

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,413 Posts
Dang, after reading this. I prolly should have pried the ones of my wrecked 01 Beaner. I'm sure I'll be at the salvage yard grabbing some stuff for the replacement. I'll see if I can grab some badges.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts