Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you upgrading your subie's exhaust?

I'm looking to buy a used exhaust for my 97 LOB 2.5L.
I don't have a lot of $$ so deals are very welcome. I need one that's not rusted out and beat up like my east-coast one. Scratched and a few small dents okay.

Email me or just respond to this thread.

Thanks

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

it's Charley Parker one of the greats! The photo is by Herman Leonard, an incredible photographer.

I went to Jazz Alley once but don't remember who was playing but it was really nice. Seattle has some awesome jazz radio stations too. I've also seen some great Blues concerts in Prague including BB King in a very small underground club. I was close enough to him :)

I consider myself a jazzhead (I appreciate other kinds of music as well) and have an extensive collection of jazz CDs and hard to find vinyls

scooby
On the 03 catback, would that fit my 97 LOB with the 2.5L? If it does and it's in good shape, my money is yours.

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I grew up with jazz as my father was an eclectic musician but I really didn't begin to understand or appreciate jazz until I was in grade 6 when I took a music appreciation class. My teacher, Mrs. Applebee, had us listen to Big Band, Blues, and Jazz a lot and critically discussing them. It was an awesome class and I since wish I could have thanked her for the class and her teaching.

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
cool cats.....

I'm a huge jazz fan, I grew up on Jazz my dad was a big fan.
I've been to many Mt.Hood Jazz festivals since the 80's.
Dave brubeck quartet
Miles Davis.........
:D

I will check on exhaust compatibility as well.

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I LOVE DAVE BRUBECK! He was here in Eugene last summer, I even had him on my calendar but missed the concert anyhow. I was so bummed.
As for WestCoast jazz, he is the master.

This may sound ignorant (as I am) but when you say catback, what all does that include?

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
catback

The catback refers to the Catalytic converter to the muffler.
actually the pipe from the outlet of the cat.

We can meet somewhere and see if it matches up. I'm in tigard. Then just take it to a muffler shop to get it welded up.

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I thought.

I am definitely interested if it fits.

I'm calling my dealer tomorrow and ask if the 03 fits the 97 or if it's easily converted. I have no experience in welding but can probably find a local unless you know of a good yet inexpensive person in your area.

My family is headed up to Seattle next weekend so if everything checks out and you are around maybe I could come up then.

To email me directly click on my tag below

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay,
I'm calling a recommended muffler shop tomorrow to see how much would it be to modify your catback to fit on my car and if they can do the job and guarantee it.

The dealer told (showed) me today that your catback's hangers are about 6" to far south so will need to be but off and welded back on. They also thought the bends might be wrong but wouldn't offer me any encouragement that it could be remedied by a welder.

If the welder says no problem I hope to be up meet you and pickup your catback

Let me know if this is good for you.

I'll PM this to you to make sure you got it.

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
exhaust specialties

I recommend Exhaust Specialties for a shop to dod the install. I fact there is one in Tuatlitan who did mine nice guys top notch work .

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I have my down pipes, my cats are good and just bought scooby's muffler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
3 Participants
Subhuman
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing