Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Legacy Outback L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to have the timing belt done and replace most of the parts/items suggested on this site. I bought a 1999 Outback with 100k on it.
Car will be going cross country in May. Car has been gone through thoroughly.
Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2005 xt limited gone but not forgotten
343 Posts
We've had our 05 for over 2 years and have yet to find a reputable mechanic. I drive 2hrs. to Boone NC to let Curtis B and Hubert G at Modern Subaru do the work. Luckily we have a place to stay at Beech Mt. so we get Curtis' old loaner and spend the night.

We've got 86,000 on the car now. In a year or so we will be getting the timing belt, etc. routine done. Looks like we will drive to Boone then also.

(I'll give you one example of trying to get work done at the dealers in Charlotte. I needed a replacement CV boot on passenger side. Estimate from a Charlotte dealer was over 350. Curtis and Hubert in Boone did it for 168, all Subie parts. It was worth the drive to Boone to get it done right and cheaper.)

If you find a good place in the Charlotte area, please post a follow up here.

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,126 Posts
boxer4racing is near Asheville I think. maybe they can suggest someone?

·
Registered
2011 Prem. 2.5i, 1999 Outback
258 Posts
I agree-- Hubert @ Modern Subaru knows what he is doing -- and is a good guy on top of that!

I drive just over the line (in Tn.) to get work done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts