Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just bought a 2005 Outback 2.5i Limited (5 speed), and I live in the Annapolis area. Not sure if this is the best forum to ask this question, so let me know if there's a better option. I'm wondering there are others in the Annapolis area, and if so, where do you take your Subaru for service? We also have a 2013 Outback, and it's under warranty so we'll take it to Annapolis Subaru. But for those without a warranty, do you take your car elsewhere?

I generally go for non-dealers, but am open to any place that knows Subarus and is trustworthy.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
-J

·
Registered
648 Posts
talk to friends about it, its hard to say when your in another state lol, that's the best way to look for a non-dealer shop, or just simple look them up read reviews, or talk to the people that run it, ask them question and such

i am sure this might not help much but its hard for me as well, i tend to do everything my self so i don't have to deal with them or loose that much more money lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
talk to friends about it, its hard to say when your in another state lol, that's the best way to look for a non-dealer shop, or just simple look them up read reviews, or talk to the people that run it, ask them question and such

i am sure this might not help much but its hard for me as well, i tend to do everything my self so i don't have to deal with them or loose that much more money lol
Yeah, I do a lot myself as well, but it's always great to have a good shop in your back pocket.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I use and trust Cape Auto near Cape Saint Claire. Head up 50, take the Cape St. Claire exit, right at the light up College Parkway, wind around to the right, take the service road that runs along 50 (heading towards the Bay Bridge) against the flow of the 50 traffic and Cape Auto is on the left. The folks there have been square with me, even telling me when something does not need to be fixed. I do most of my own work and they are willing to fix something that I already "fixed."

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Depends on whether it is a "Subaru" issue or just regular car work. If it is part of the engine or AWD system, I'd probably go the dealership. A wheel bearing, radiator, struts, etc, I'd go to any reliable garage.

I've also heard good things about Cape Auto. Never been there, though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've used Annapolis Subaru for as long as I've lived in town, about 16 years. I think the staff is great and they go out of their way to help. My wife and I are on our 3rd Subaru from them.

I have a friend who took his old Legacy to Annapolis Car Care on Forest Dr and his engine blew up a week afterwards. Apparently they didn't know you should replace some pump when you do the head gasket. So there are benefits and risks in tring to find a cheaper repair place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
uncljohn
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing