Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for modifications and upgrades I can make to my 15 Outback to make it more off-road capable. Already looking at putting a lift kit on it and changing the wheels to 17’s. Any other suggestions? I’m also interested in blacking out the chrome. Would appreciate any links to products you all have used and find to be quality products. Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 3.6R Limited with Eye Sight
767 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm getting ready to order a front bumper guard and engine/tranny skid plates for my '18 Outback from LP Aventure. All the plastic around the front bumper is particularly vulnerable to hits and the stock skid plates don't offer much protection from rocks. Maybe rock sliders at a later time. Primitive Racing also makes skid plates and their customer service is excellent.
There are plenty of suspension lifts out there from LP Aventure, Rallitek and Ironman 4x4. I went with replacement coilover shocks from Flatout Suspension, which give an improved ride and more travel over a spacer-only lift.
Roof racks are also a popular accessory - I've been considering several options from eTrailer.com. Some other necessities would be a good recovery strap and an air compressor so you can air down your tires.
Upgrades/accessories for Subarus are becoming as much of a rabbit hole as those for Jeeps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm getting ready to order a front bumper guard and engine/tranny skid plates for my '18 Outback from LP Aventure. All the plastic around the front bumper is particularly vulnerable to hits and the stock skid plates don't offer much protection from rocks. Maybe rock sliders at a later time. Primitive Racing also makes skid plates and their customer service is excellent.
There are plenty of suspension lifts out there from LP Aventure, Rallitek and Ironman 4x4. I went with replacement coilover shocks from Flatout Suspension, which give an improved ride and more travel over a spacer-only lift.
Roof racks are also a popular accessory - I've been considering several options from eTrailer.com. Some other necessities would be a good recovery strap and an air compressor so you can air down your tires.
Upgrades/accessories for Subarus are becoming as much of a rabbit hole as those for Jeeps!
Thanks for the links and suggestions. The first thing I got was a an air compressor. My hope is that within the next 3 - 6 months I can have a decent amount done to satiate my need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts