Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find information regarding Subaru Outback
or Subie clubs in general in Southern California or the Southwest. I searched the internet on my own and couldn't find much of anything regarding websites or links. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I know there are probably WRX/STi clubs out there, but I don't think my Outback and I would fit in with the 20-something dudes that are into racing and pimping up their ricerockets. I am looking for one geared more towards Outbacks/Bajas where you can get together with other owners who do camping and a little bit of non-serious offroad orange cone course stuff.

·
Registered
2014 Outback 3.6R Limited - Special Appearance Package
17 Posts
Looking for Outback Club in SoCal

Does anyone know where I can find information regarding Subaru Outback
or Subie clubs in general in Southern California or the Southwest. I searched the internet on my own and couldn't find much of anything regarding websites or links. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I know there are probably WRX/STi clubs out there, but I don't think my Outback and I would fit in with the 20-something dudes that are into racing and pimping up their ricerockets. I am looking for one geared more towards Outbacks/Bajas where you can get together with other owners who do camping and a little bit of non-serious offroad orange cone course stuff.
New owner here and looking to connect with other Outback owners in SoCal as well. Did a quick search and couldn't find an existing club. I'm not an experienced off-roader and don't have recovery gear yet, still doing research and saving up the money. Would like to do light off-roading to learn how the OB handles. Would love to connect with experienced OB owners to learn and do trips.

Anyone else interested in starting a SoCal Outback club?

·
Registered
2016 Outback, 3.6r, wilderness green
12 Posts
I am yet another happy Outback owner looking for a club in SoCal. I live in south OC. Bought a 2016 3.6r this summer. I have taken it off road once so far in Northern Cal. Great ride

·
Registered
2015 OB base
15 Posts
How timely is this

I'm in Idyllwild (mile high between Hemet and Palm Springs) and am just in the process of setting myself up for car camping. Backpacking didn't get old, but I did. I'll include a couple of pictures (taken for the awning seller), I only installed the awning just last week.
I just returned from the forest service office where I purchased a LIFETIME pass for all federal parks etc for just $10 (seniors 62 and older). Just to enter Joshua Tree is $20 and good for only a week.
Driving to Orange county to meet isn't going to happen, I spent 45 minutes just getting past Corona on the 91...that's not my idea of fun. But there is lots of BLM desert out there and a meet-up out this way headed east could get my attention.
I'll subscribe to this thread and we'll see what develops. John.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Haven't heard of a SoCal Outback club either, but might be interested, as being in a Fiero club long ago was fun. One of my Irvine neighbors also just bought an Outback.

·
Registered
2015 OB Limited
40 Posts
There's a group called mtnroo you can find them on instagram they do at least one or two meets a month. It's not a strictly outback club tho. I believe their handle on instagram is @mtn_roo

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback LLBean Wagon
26 Posts
I live in Socal too (2 hours south of LA) and i would be very interested in an outback club. i woudnt really fit with the STI, WRX Bro crowd either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in Sunland/Tujunga area just below Angeles Crest if anyone is interested in doing outside stuff in Subarus.
I'll check out mtn_roo as well :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Outback, 3.6r, wilderness green
12 Posts
Santa Clarita here. Any updates if a SoCal club will be happening?

Search Mtn_roo on Facebook/ Instagram or the web. They have at least a couple chapters in SoCal. More chapters in other geographies. They just did a run up in Hungry Valley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would also be interested in a SoCal Outback club or meet up. I live in Chino Hills near the junction of LA, OC and San Bernardino counties.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts