Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 OB, 2004 OB
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ... per the title ... I have a daughter in SanFran ... 2000 OB in pretty good shape ... apparently a slow leak in the ac system ... it was recharged (with dye) last year and made it 6 mos. or so before losing it's "cool" ... hoping to help her get connected with a shop that will treat her fairly on this problem and future needs ... any suggestions greatly appreciated ... thanks, Gerry

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
In the city I went to Marin Subaru and rode my bike home. Marin Subaru was very fair and did nice work. I worked down south and also went to Carlson in Redwood city they did good work but a bit steeper on price. Indi shops in SF? I never bothered given I couldn’t find one that didn’t set off red flags.

South city SF there was a Subaru shop that had a really bad rep I think they went under though.

·
Registered
2008 Outback H6 LL Bean , 94 Ford Aerostar
103 Posts
That South SF dealer is gone , but their San Francisco dealership is now open as a Putnum dealer shop. DON'T go there!!! I drive all the way to Carlson for my work, worth the drive. Am now looking for a suspension shop to upgrade LCA's, bushings, brake rotors , calipers, sway bars, wheels. It seems the dealers don't want to upgrade from stock parts??

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Auto
16 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts