Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2003 OB white with Tan Lower accent (on an iPad can't post pictures). Pretty stock only speakers. I am planning on tinting the windows, but very undesided on what else to do.
And also I am thinking of painting the wheels... But what colour?

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Blacking out wheels is 2011 style. Painting wheels colors is late 70s style. Make sure the old car is 100% mechanically good before getting goofy on looks is priceless.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice pretty new car only 80k on it
Putting hella 500 black magic lights on the bumper. And I think I'll wait till the summer to do anything relatively major

·
Registered
648 Posts
Plasti-dip is a cheap way to get ideas with, use it as a base coat,used it on my fog lights and still holding from a couple of months... also washed them a few times slight peeling on the corners but u can't tell unless realy close to them cans are about 5ish I got alot of use with just 2 cans

·
Registered
195 Posts
i agree and disagree with that one. it really depends on the rims, and the color of the car, black looks great with reds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice. I just installed hella supertones, and painted my grill black. I really didn't like the chrome on the grill. I have hella 500 black magics sitting in my room just waiting to install. I think I will hold off on the rims we have a pretty tough winter and I don't want the salt to scratch them really early.

·
Registered
195 Posts
on the plus side you can paint them now and get the experience, expecting them to get a bit scratched... i really like the black magics, where are you going to going to mount them, and will you post pics when your done?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
on the plus side you can paint them now and get the experience, expecting them to get a bit scratched... i really like the black magics, where are you going to going to mount them, and will you post pics when your done?
I found these DIY mounts and ill see how they do. I've been pretty busy and need to find some time but when I get them on I'll show you how they turned out. http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/80-electrical-electronics/34287-diy-hella-500-bumper-brackets.html

·
Registered
195 Posts
so your going to put them on your bumper, i thought you were going to replace your fog lights with them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Stoic Guardian
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing