Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hoping to add an 08 xt manual to our subaru stable and theyre hard to come by so it looks like ill be purchasing from out of state. ill have it checked out at a dealership before purchasing, but i want to know if there are any known red flags i should be looking for? i have two in mind, one with about 80k and another with 120k. any and all help will be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
Do a search, plenty of info on this. You will want a single owner vehicle with impeccable records due to issues with 7k oil changes. All oil changes need to be at 3750.

Tom

·
Registered
2005 LL Bean
138 Posts
and it depends on the state. I recently purchased a car from NH (I live in MA) I know that NH does not list salvage titles. I believe there is no "lemon law" in VT. In MA, any car over $700 has to pass state inspection unless it is clearly sold "as-is". So, it can depend. As long as you do your homework and have the car checked out, you should be fine.

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT, 1984 Porsche 944
276 Posts
Buying a used XT is tricky. They are very much a "driver's car". Meaning:

People that bought them, bought them for a reason. And people that dump them, dump them for a reason.
No very many people get rid of these cars simply because it's "older". Specifically, you're looking for the guy that babied his car and only has to sell because he's moving to another country on short notice and already determined that shipping his/her car isn't worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts