Subaru Outback Forums banner

Loose Part - Not sure where it goes

811 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  canubaru 
#1 ·
I just got a '99 Legacy Outback with the 2.5 and I have no idea where the part I'm holding connects to. After looking around for a while, it was tough to figure out where this "plugs" into on the engine.

Any help is appreciated, especially a pic if possible. Thanks :29:

C.J.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
i assume it came with the ''screw plug'' in it.

are you sure you have an ej25 in the car?
count the ''roundish'' ''cam lobes'' on the front on each side of the engine. 2 each side means DOHC ej25, one each side means SOHC ej22 engine.

my point is this, when an ej22 is swapped in the small vac lines like the one in the picture, are some times re-routed, plugged or left dangling.

but if the engine runs well i would not worry about it. it it runs kind of crappy, vac leak crappy, then i would investigate.

usually those vac lines make their way over towards the passenger strut tower to a couple of ''devices '' mounted there. some years there are 2 lines going over, one with a small inline filter, and some years they used a tee to join the 2 together and onlt one line going to the ''strut stuff''.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.