Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost the fob inside the car last weekend--took everything out of the car and am able to still start it, and have torn apart as much as I can. Have an apptmt at the Subaru Shop to see if they can find it. Anyone else lose a fob inside the car? I'm not happy....and yes, my lesson learned is to put it on a lanyard at least.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Premium, Crystal Black Silica, Pkg 15
1,708 Posts
I'm truly surprised that keys don't have a ping function, especially the smart ones that have some type of web integration.

Good luck in your hunt. Check between the seat and the center console? Mine occasionally fall down there.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,193 Posts
I lost a wrist watch in one of my cars. alarm was not on, ...so it remained silent.

and I really did not know if it was inside the house or the garage or the car.

then like 3 years later I am looking for more things, and I put my face right down on the back floor to see down next to the front seats and under them,

found the watch, a bunch of pens, coins, a couple french fries. (perfect dehydrated shape, never eaten by mice/ants etc).

but all things that I could not see without putting my head down on the rear floors.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,117 Posts
Move the driver and passenger front seats all the way forward, tip them forward as well, then look at the inside slide rails down at the floor level - there's quite a gap there. And if you have black carpet like I do, look pretty carefully - the fob blends in pretty well with the rail and carpet. Use a flashlight.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 -Tungsten & 2020 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 - Silver
18 Posts
My wife dropped a key on the floor mat and it bounced under the seat. She could not find the key. I moved the seat forward and back looking for the key to no avail. I ran my hand along the seat lateral frame member and found the key. The key had bounced off of the mat and landed on the seat lateral frame member. Remember to persevere.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,154 Posts
Happened to me my first day with the car, before I was familiar with all the places where things tend to get lost. It was under the seat, in a cramped location. Hard to see in all the nooks and crannies down there without (as has been suggested) moving the seat around and using a flashlight. After that, I just made sure to either keep it in my pocket or stow it securely in my backpack or luggage. Never happened again.

I don't like keys attached to the fob, so I got rid of the split ring and had the wife weave a couple inches of paracord from it. Definitely easier to grip like that.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,692 Posts
Wife was eating a Rasinet and dropped one that rolled under the H&K amp under the passenger seat. It's still there.

When I crank up the opening scene from Top Gun the sweet smell of choco oozes to the afterburners.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts