Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! Well, after years of wanting an Outback, I finally got one. And it's kind of a mini-nightmare? I am having a ton of audio issues, so I'm wondering if a head unit replacement is in my future. Just a small sampling - radio stations randomly flip from station to station (usually just jumping up or down by .01 so I get to listen to static in the middle of the news, then snippets of the local christian station - uggggggh!)(and no, I'm not accidentally hitting anything with my fingers or thumbs), AA is AWFUL (I have a Samsung Note 8) - OK Google always understands me, but rarely completes any commands - when I tell it to play a song in Spotify the screen will come up with the correct song but the song won't play until I forward or reverse to a previous song, then THAT song will play, and I can forward or back to the song I actually want to listen to. The play button on the screen never works in Spotify. NEVER! AAAAAAACK! (I've checked the spotify forums and they say these are AA issues) Sometimes I have to unplug and reconnect AA 5 or 6 times before it actually connects via USB. I've tried several cords, including my OEM Samsung one and nothing seems to fix it. And, are we supposed to be able to use AA with just bluetooth? I can't, it has to be connected via USB. Some of this I'm sure could be resolved by reading the owner's manual - but which one of the ten I received? Ha! J/K I'm pretty techy, but it seems like this should be easy stuff. I guess I'll sit down with the manuals tonight and try to figure this out. I have an appt Friday with the "Answer" guy at our Subaru dealership....boy is he gonna love my list. ;) I have a ton of questions about other random things, like why I can't roll my windows down/up unless my engine is running? I feel like I should be able to do this with the button ignition in the accessory mode. Oy vey!

P.S. my former car was a 2008 Honda CR-V EX-L. Super nice but none of this "fancy" stuff. ;)
P.P.S. I do wish I'd have gotten the 3.5 as well. *sigh* I'd probably have a zillion tickets if I did, though, and...you know, better gas mileage I guess, so I'm saving the environment? ;) Things we tell ourselves.

Sorry for my long, random post. Hi, everybody!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just found in the manual where it says I have approximately 42 seconds to roll up my windows after turning the car off. WOOT! Guess I need to stop letting my kiddos listen to the end of songs before we get out of the car. ;)

I also discovered that my parking brake isn't auto-disengaging because I am not putting my seat belt on first. I mean, such weird little safety quirks. I always wear my seat belt, I just put it on as I'm slowly moving away from wherever I am. Subaru is slowly forcing me to fix all my bad driving habits.

Still, the audio system confounds me. ONWARD! Tonight, I figure out which firmware update I'm on. Maybe that'll fix some of my problems.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
:welcome2:

got a emoticon here. code for it is "RTFM"

:RTFM:

_____

new cars,...with new car problems.

...want to talk rust,...venture to gen1 and gen2 land.:crying:

Reactions: George-Mi-Az
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.