Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
For those of you with your first Scoobies- enjoy the winter.

Once you've stopped smiling like an idiot every time you drive the car in the snow, avail yourself of an opportunity to drive a 'regular' car around a bit. And you can then begin smiling again.

There's a reason that people in certain areas of the country buy Subarus, year after year.
I will as soon as winter finally decides to arrive in Arkansas! It's 70 degrees here now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm looking forward to heading to Wyoming/Montana to see the Pryor Mountain horses in the spring. I've never been able to get up to the top where Cloud's band is. Now I'm not only going to be able to get up there, I'm going to camp a few nights. Hopefully in Penn's cabin...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm a new Subaru owner as well and its been a really long time since I have loved a car. My husband said the same thing. We are actually planning a small road trip this weekend purely for the excuse of driving the car. :D

As far as problems go you will find people that have had issues with every make and model. We had a Camry that everyone raves are problem free but we had problems shortly after purchase. Also had a Ford Explorer and that was an absolute nightmare but I still see quite few on the road from the same year we had.

My only grip so far is the radio. Its terrible. Plan on getting the tweeter kit.

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
15,125 Posts
i know this may sound like a fish story, but a few years ago i drove around a toyota SR5 with 33 inch tires on it, he was stuck in the snow, i drove through the ditch to get to the front of him and pulled him out, after i got him out i just kept pulling for an 1/8th of a mile just to make a point. he never said a word...:p
All one need do is Google "Subaru in Snow" under videos and watch what pops up.

This one is fairly good. Its a Subaru dealer video, but it gets the point across.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 limited
86 Posts
Glad to hear the OP has found love at first sight. I've had vehicles I've loved, so I know the feeling, but the OB is not there yet. Maybe we need some more bonding experiences together; other than hauling mountain bikes, I haven't really used it much for what it is 'good at.' After riding in my brother's '10 this weekend, I'm disappointed that I didn't investigate the new body style when shopping -- he gets way better mileage than my '07 does, and there is a lot more room in his car. Mine looks better, but that's about it. I'd put it between "like" and "tolerate" after nearly 2 months of ownership, compared to the other vehicles I've owned.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts