Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after much consideration and 3 hours at the dealership...I did it. I traded my '12 2.5i Limited for the new '13 S.A.P. Overall the drive is so much better, and I don't have that annoying Bluetooth ringer that you can't adjust. I now have my push button start back plus some cool accessories hat I was planning on putting on the '12. I will post pics once I'm at my computer, need to make this site iPad friendly.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Well, after much consideration and 3 hours at the dealership...I did it. I traded my '12 2.5i Limited for the new '13 S.A.P. Overall the drive is so much better, and I don't have that annoying Bluetooth ringer that you can't adjust. I now have my push button start back plus some cool accessories hat I was planning on putting on the '12. I will post pics once I'm at my computer, need to make this site iPad friendly.
I've considered the same...if you don't mind my asking, how much of a bath did you have to take to make the trade? I figure I'd lose about $5000-6000.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I've considered the same...if you don't mind my asking, how much of a bath did you have to take to make the trade? I figure I'd lose about $5000-6000.
Trading in a 2010 Limited OB (Moonroof and no NAV) with ~37.5k miles for the 2013 Limited w/SAP. The price difference between what I paid for the Limited and what I will get as a trade in will be about $9k. Oh well, it's for the wife and she has the "Big C", so how can I say no....

G-

·
Registered
546 Posts
Trading in a 2010 Limited OB (Moonroof and no NAV) with ~37.5k miles for the 2013 Limited w/SAP. The price difference between what I paid for the Limited and what I will get as a trade in will be about $9k. Oh well, it's for the wife and she has the "Big C", so how can I say no....

G-
You can't if you are thinking with the "Big D"....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the '12 in May. When I traded it in it had just over $4k miles. I owed $28k and the dealer offered me $25k. After going back and forth poking holes in their calculations we all agreed they would reduce the car by $2k and I would put $1k down to absorb the negative equity. I'm leasing for 42 months @ $530/month.

·
Registered
28 Posts

G-
Nice! Now we just need those pics. ;)

Not that I know what your situation is like, but I agree with your reasoning on getting the new car. Hope your wife's situation is treatable.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I bought the '12 in May. When I traded it in it had just over $4k miles. I owed $28k and the dealer offered me $25k. After going back and forth poking holes in their calculations we all agreed they would reduce the car by $2k and I would put $1k down to absorb the negative equity. I'm leasing for 42 months @ $530/month.
Leasing longer than the warranty period? Yikes!

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's $22,260 on leasing fees.... seems really high. I could never justify spending that much money just to lease and then give back. To each their own I guess. Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Nice! Now we just need those pics. ;)

Not that I know what your situation is like, but I agree with your reasoning on getting the new car. Hope your wife's situation is treatable.
Thanks, we think it will be. Breast Cancer and she has been under Chemo for about 7 months and has an additional 5 months to go. Also under Radiation therapy for the last 20 or so days with an additional 10 to go. It's been a real "roller-coaster" and not fun at all for either of us or my son. I'll try to post pics when the car arrives; however, I am not a real good photographer - used to be; but not any more - too unstable holding a camera in my old age. Will see what I can do, though. CarFanSince '68 (when I could drive).... even earlier than that if you count the "google eyed state".

G-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
G-Omaha
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing