Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys/Gals,
Besides this being my first Sub, (love this car!) 08 Outback 2.5I stock 90k. Drives like my dads Lexus! way better off road! Any way got the car for my wife to drive, with a bun cooking in the oven its safe, dependable, and 4x4! better that most of the suvs I test drove.

Any way I got it off a dealer as-is, and have to do some fluid changes, Im doing the T6 5w-40 for the engine, tranny fluid change, diff change, and will get to the rest next month (break fluid, antifreeze, and power steering.)
I have read a bunch but didnt find anything for the diff fluid? 70w-90 is what I was told, but didnt know if an additive is good like like lucas, or what? Just want to keep all three of my babies safe, and running down the road with no issues...! Any other recommendations would be great but dont know if I want to go all out with Royal purple, Amsoil, etc....

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
Yeah keep something budgeted for the timing belt job. Congrats! You shouldn't need any additives for the diffs unless you are trying to cure a specific problem.

·
Super Moderator
12,108 Posts
Any good GL-5 rated 75w90 will be fine for the diffs.
AT is subaru HP ATF.

Both are easy to change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
AWDFTW
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing