Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback, 2.5 Automatic, stock
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I logged on here when I bought my Outback but never really did post much. I've enjoyed my outback for a year and a half but really, I'm a Jeep guy and I just bought a new Wrangler.

So it's time for me to part with my Outback.

Its a 2002 base Outback wagon with 86xxx miles on it. It has no visible rust on it. Starts and runs just fine. Everything works just fine. It has the weather package and the combination CD/Cassette/weather radio. The cassette still works and I'll throw in the adapter that lets you plug in an iPod or other MP3 player to play it over the stereo. It still has the rear cargo cover that works and looks just fine. The cloth seats are in very good shape. No tears or stains anywhere.

I bought the car from my sister who bought it new and took it to the dealer for everything. She gave me the printout of the full maintenance record over the life of the car until I bought it. I've done a few oil changes myself since I bought it in Feb of 2011 but it has not needed anything else.

Tires are at about 50%. They'll be fine for this winter but you'll probably want to swap them out in a year or so.

Of course, it's not perfect.

My neighbor backed into the front fender and dented it. It's cosmetic but the dent is on a crease in the body work so it won't just pop back out. It'll cost a couple hundred to fix it if you want to do that.

It also has the entirely common piston slap ticking that so many people have experienced with the 2002 models. You can look that up here or google it. The ticking hasn't changed one iota in the last 10 years.

KBB with 87000 miles for this car is over $6,000. I'll knock off for the dent and ask $5,800. If you want to buy it before I have it detailed I'll knock off another $200.

I'm going to be busy for a good portion of the weekend so I may be slow in responding to posts. I'll be available to show the car on Sunday afternoon or any evening in the coming week.

If you want to email me directly, send me a message at [email protected]

Here's the pictures of it when I bought it. It looks exactly like that (except for the dent) when I go through the car wash. I'll get pictures of the dent and post them this afternoon. I'll post any other pictures if you ask for them.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,305 Posts
Love that green.

Oh, if we needed a 2nd vehicle yet. But alas, not for another few years.

·
Registered
44 Posts
dent

That's a faIR PRICE, but $200 won't take a dent out. If you can do it for that, do it and put the $200 back on. I'd have a hard time getting anything done that includes a paint gun for less than $500.

·
Registered
2002 Outback, 2.5 Automatic, stock
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a faIR PRICE, but $200 won't take a dent out. If you can do it for that, do it and put the $200 back on. I'd have a hard time getting anything done that includes a paint gun for less than $500.
I'm flexible on that point. I'll go get an estimate and knock that off plus a few bucks for the trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.