Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently did some driving in the mountains and came back to see that the left side of my front bumper was riding low. I removed the bumper and re-installed it with no luck whatsoever. Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
the car is letting you know it wants to be lowered. cut your springs, bro. actually since this is your first post you might think I was serious. maybe you have something stuck inside, its just a bunch of plastic up front.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,971 Posts
Considering the snow and junk and lack of a fog light, I'm going to say the cause is whoever slammed the nose into a snow berm.

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
876 Posts
I had a similar problem (after playing in the snow, nonetheless). I feel like there's a lip on the backside of the lower air dam that goes under a metal bracket...

Hard to explain... I think I fixed mine by pushing down on the front of the lower air dam, hard, and then pushing the back of the lower air dam down to get it under that bracket.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
So I recently did some driving in the mountains and came back to see that the left side of my front bumper was riding low. I removed the bumper and re-installed it with no luck whatsoever. Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this problem?
The front bumper is a single piece I'm seeing the makings of multiple pieces looks like the plastic bumper cover was torn / split in two spots. Wait till summer when its warm out see if you can get the splits/tears to line up. Take the whole bumper off clean the inside up - use some west systems - g-flex epoxy with a little cloth on the back side with the front side held in position with some strong tape. Let it cure for 48hrs then put the bumper back on.

Other option is to go buy a new bumper. I know which one I would do. Bumper caps are freaking expensive.

·
Registered
2017 OutBack Premier, 2019 Forester Ltd, 2016 370z Rdstr
724 Posts
cola,

The bumper section just to the right of that broken fog light with the gap at the bottom, is designed to pull straight out of the rest of the bumper cover. Behind it is where the tow hook (its in the trunk floor) screws in so you can be pulled out by tow trucks, etc. Its just a cover over the tow hook receptacle.

Pull it out. You should then be able to see if the lower section of the bumper cover can be persuaded back in to position, or at least have a better look at what is not right.

GoodLuck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts