Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Subaru LL Bean Edition Outback (2005) is lovely. The only problem is that the check tire pressure light goes on, almost all the time. I have brought the car into my dealer (about six times), and everytime, they say the tire pressure is fine, within 1/10 of what it should be. I drive off, the light goes back on. The last time I went in there, one of them accually recommended that I put a piece of black tape over the light.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dan.

·
Registered
Wife's Car - 2005 LL Bean Outback, Daughter's car - 2005 Impreza RS Sedan, Son's Car 2011 Outback 2.5 Premium
131 Posts
We have an '05 Beaner as well, but no problem with the Tire pressure light. We have had ours about 6 weeks and about 1500 miles (Atlantic Blue /Gray).

Sounds like they need to change the sensor that is giving the faulty readings. I would serious look for a new service shop if they told me to cover up the light! !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was most likely a joke about the tape. I think they finally decided that the sensors were never originally calibrated and that I should bring it in next week. We'll see.

Thanks for the response! Dan

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Yeah, they need to take care of that ASAP for you. Keep the car for a couple days, let you drive an STI while they have yours in the shop, and give you a couple free carwashes:) . Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts