Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Legacy outback
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is is Possible for me to use Lowering springs for a regular legacy wagon on my legacy outback? If not, then what are the differences in the suspensions? I have seen some products labeled "Not for Outback" and I am wondering why I cannot use these. what should I do?

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Actually, to get another inch of height off, can't you just put Legacy springs on your Outback? Like my OBS, I can put 2.5TS or RS springs on to lower my ride height. Maybe? Brian

·
Registered
1997 Legacy outback
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found an Intrax lowering spring for the car that says it will lower it 1.5 inches has anyone tried these springs? Will that give my car a nice look with some 17 inch wheels? any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Hi, I don't mean to sound critical in the slightest, but why buy an Outback and then lower it rather than buy a (cheaper surely) Legacy and then lower that if you want?

Cheers,

Karl

·
Registered
1997 Legacy outback
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The outback was free except for registration, I just needed to replace the blown head gaskets
And you can't beat the fog lights up front

·
Registered
MCMXCVIII BGVI EJXXV
17 Posts
Whiteline makes Outback Specific lowering springs, however I would think you still need to run with aftermarket wheels. But the again, I would hav eno idea how the OE struts would perform under the given ride height.

-paK +1

·
Premium Member
2000 OBW (Black) 2.5 N/A, Borla Header, Apexi Noir Exhaust, HID in head lights & Fogs.
20 Posts
Is is Possible for me to use Lowering springs for a regular legacy wagon on my legacy outback? If not, then what are the differences in the suspensions? I have seen some products labeled "Not for Outback" and I am wondering why I cannot use these. what should I do?
I have been coming across the same labelling. I am looking to lower my 00'OBW this coming spring and I have no leads as to where to go to buy the parts.

Anyone help with my search?

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT GRP
172 Posts
Legacy lowering springs will work on the Outback. The only difference between the 2 suspensions is that the Outback has a longer strut body and longer rear bumpstops.

It's actually very common to see people swapping the 2 back and forth. You may actually consider changing to the LGT parts if you're looking for a few extra inches of drop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts