Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased the 2inch lift from LP Aventure and was planning on installing it myself.
I have a 2018 3.6 and was hoping to get a few pointers or pitfalls to avoid when doing the install.
Anybody have ideas they would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6r Limited 50th
6 Posts
Purchased the 2inch lift from LP Aventure and was planning on installing it myself.
I have a 2018 3.6 and was hoping to get a few pointers or pitfalls to avoid when doing the install.
Anybody have ideas they would like to share?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Jimusoke. So how did it go for you? I am about to dive into the same thing and would like to do it myself as well. Any tips? Warnings? Did you have to get it aligned afterwards? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jimusoke. So how did it go for you? I am about to dive into the same thing and would like to do it myself as well. Any tips? Warnings? Did you have to get it aligned afterwards? Thanks in advance...
Hi @obiwan. It went well but took 8 or so hours as I was alone and only had the little jack that comes with the car, another small jack and no jack stands. Main tip is have a floor jack, jack stands, an additional jack (for when you drop the back axle).
Read the instructions many times and watch the lift kit install video by @bruceyyyyy on YouTube (
). He used the ADF kit but the tear down is the same and install is very similar. Also, buy thread lock so you have no worries after install.
After install get the wheel alignment done and you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6r Limited 50th
6 Posts
Hi @obiwan. It went well but took 8 or so hours as I was alone and only had the little jack that comes with the car, another small jack and no jack stands. Main tip is have a floor jack, jack stands, an additional jack (for when you drop the back axle).
Read the instructions many times and watch the lift kit install video by @bruceyyyyy on YouTube (
). He used the ADF kit but the tear down is the same and install is very similar. Also, buy thread lock so you have no worries after install.
After install get the wheel alignment done and you should be good to go.

Thank you! I appreciate the guidance. Has the LPA small bumper guard been sufficient for you? Have you ever come upon a situation where you wished you had the bigger guard?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I appreciate the guidance. Has the LPA small bumper guard been sufficient for you? Have you ever come upon a situation where you wished you had the bigger guard?
No, never needed the bigger guard especially cause the outback was my daily driver as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts