Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Outback 3.0 H6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, i need your honest and objective opinion,
we have an Outback 2004 3.0 and were trying to cut costs in petrol, the car drove approx 108740Miles (175000Km), 1st i tought to get a newer car, not Outback unfortunately because a newer model is more then our budget right now, we tought about (dont kill me here :)) Hyunday I30CW or Ford Focus Station, because we really like the Outback i started to check about LPG, the installation cost is fair, i would like to know if someone have experience with this system on my model and if the car model year and millage is not to old and high and it will be better for my money not to install LPG on this car.

thank you very much in advance...

·
Registered
2008 subaru outback 2.5i
472 Posts
Not sure where you are located but here in the states LPG is uncommon on non commercial vehicles. Some do convert non EFI systems to LPG to increase motor life, but MPG will and usually drops. Most of the city vehicles here in Dallas are CNG and LPG.

·
Registered
2004 Outback 3.0 H6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im from Israel, what i would like to know if my model is working good with this system, i heard that some vehicles got there engines f...cked up after installing LPG, and because my OB is not a new one i would like to hear 2nd opinion before stepping to the garage to install it.
will i waste my money or its a wise decision?

·
Registered
2001, European Outback, H6
150 Posts
I assume you have a Gen III Outback. I have a Gen II but the engines are pretty much the same (?!)

I've looked into LPG conversion myself several times and came to the conclusion that it is not worth it on the 3.0 (2.5 seems to not have problem)

The valve seats are weak on the 3.0 > which leads to having to adjust valve levers every 20.000km. To adjust the valves, the H6 engine has to be taken out. Which is time consuming and making the LPG conversion not profitable. The valves have to be adjucedon the 2.5 as well but it can be done with motor still installed.

Maybe I got some technical terms wrong but I would tell you to not do it on the H6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts