Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a White 2018 Touring I'm giving to my son to get a new 2022 Touring Xt. Thinking of going Mag Gray and wanted to know how difficult it is to keep it looking clean as white was really great in this regard.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
3,027 Posts
It's not bad at all. Until I had it serviced on Saturday it hadn't been washed since I waxed it 2+ months ago but it didn't really look bad. Once I get into winter with salt on the roads I can see it being a little more difficult than my previous silver Outback, and I have a feeling the touch-free car wash won't seem quite as effective on it as it did on the silver. However, I've had black vehicles before and I can't see it being as bad as those...

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
1,102 Posts
Magnetite Gray isn't all that bad. I had an '18 Forester that color and it was okay.

Steve

·
Registered
MY19 Outback 3.6R Premium
162 Posts
Regardless of colour, consider getting a colour correction done and have a ceramic coat applied. Not only does it make the car look glossy and waxed everyday, it's that much harder for dirt to stick on and conversely it's also much easier to wash too.

I also use products like Gyeon Wet Coat every second of third wash to maintain the aquaphobic properties of the surface.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT, Magnetite Gray
63 Posts
I have a 2021 MGM Touring XT and it’s a beautiful color. I‘ve got a ceramic coating and the dirt doesn’t stick much and don’t get water spots because the water rolls right off and dries pretty clean. This will be the first winter with salt so we will see what that looks like. I had pretty much every color car and white and black are the worst at showing dirt so I think the MGM will be an upgrade, even though it’s a pretty dark gray.

·
Registered
381 Posts
As others have said, gray is one of the best colors for not showing just how dirty it really is.

Off topic a little, as said above I had ceramic coating professionally applied to my white 22 LmtXT. Hope the products works well as it was a bit expensive.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT, Magnetite Gray
63 Posts
As others have said, gray is one of the best colors for not showing just how dirty it really is.

Off topic a little, as said above I had ceramic coating professionally applied to my white 22 LmtXT. Hope the products works well as it was a bit expensive.
I do mine myself using Hydrosilex brand products. Can get the whole car done in less than 20 minutes and I do it once a year. Sure it’s not a professional ceramic coating, but it works. One bottle was around $75 and I can get about 6 uses out of it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2021 Premier XT in Magnetite Gray, except for a bit of the hatch area dirt doesn't show at all. Love the color, especially with the chrome accents on the Premier. I wanted more of a premium look and the Premium in Gray fit he bill for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good to hear the feedback regarding Magnetite Grey. I have just ordered a new Outlook Sport and as I never want white, went for the Magnetite Grey. A bit disappointing having the reduced colour range in the Sport. I would have liked the red but happy enough with grey (now the long wait for delivery).

·
Premium Member
2022 Grey Outback Premium
395 Posts
Clean? Why? It's a mudbug. ;)

I drive mine thru a carwash once a week or so and it's good enough for me. I'm way behind this month tho.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts