Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 OBW, 2002 WRX wagon
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I live near the Quebec border in Ottawa, Ontario, our nation's capital. I also own a 2002 modded WRX but it's not even close to being off-road capable lol...I would have killed it this weekend.

I recently picked up this beast of an Outback, hence the name. It's cosmetically very rough and needs new rear fenders. Maybe I should buy some flares? :17:

Onto the trip! We drove up to Lac La Peche in Gatineau Park yesterday and found a single lane, double track entrance....that goes hmmmm not sure??? Let's check it out :D

After about 7 miles of some pretty smooth double track it narrowed a little, and branches started dragging against the car - this means fun things!! We got to this little drop which I couldn't do with the stock height, but I'm coming back with Bajas/GR2s/taller tires!!!

This is what it opened onto.... [play="angels_singing.mp3"]

So, we kept trucking along and came to another spot with better access to a bigger lake.

We found and then portaged over this dam (~1.5' drop)

Then it opens to this! :29:

Then we canoed all over (for 7 hours) and we found a few spots to chill, eat and swim.

It's been incredibly dry up here...lots of forest fires, random brush fires in the city (usually tossed cigarettes are the cause)...we've had <1" of rain since mid June...:gasp:

Cheers! Happy off-roading!! As you can see...I was pleased as punch!!

Trevor

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback Limited - 2.5 L Boxer H4 - 5 Speed Manual
341 Posts
Looks like a fun time! Great pics, hope you had a blast

·
Registered
557 Posts
wow and thanks for the pics!

maybe don't worry about the fenders, unless you would fail some type of inspection, and just work towards your suspension upgrades.

joel

·
Registered
2000 OBW, 2002 WRX wagon
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow and thanks for the pics!

maybe don't worry about the fenders, unless you would fail some type of inspection, and just work towards your suspension upgrades.

joel
:) thanks, I will do it myself, so it won't be expensive. I'm trying to think of how to get a bigger tire under there. There is a lot of rot, some of it is really bad underneath and will need rebuilding anyhow. Might as well install something useful and fun, y'know?

·
Registered
557 Posts
good that you can do the work yourself!

maybe an inexpensive way to get a lil bigger tire under there would be to just add spacers???

search if you aren't already familiar but vendors like subtle make spacers.

just throwing ideas out :)

joel

·
Registered
2000 OBW, 2002 WRX wagon
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good that you can do the work yourself!

maybe an inexpensive way to get a lil bigger tire under there would be to just add spacers???

search if you aren't already familiar but vendors like subtle make spacers.

just throwing ideas out :)

joel
Yes, I have read quite a bit already as evidenced by my desire to upgrade to baja springs, GR-2s and taller tires above. ;)

There just isn't much room to put anything more than a 235 under there and it seems like it would really be amazing with something a little more 'meaty'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.