Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why the owner's manual doesn't always match the mysubaru online schedule? Shouldn't the online schedule be tied to the VIN and therefore be up to date?

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,528 Posts
Does anyone know why the owner's manual doesn't always match the mysubaru online schedule? Shouldn't the online schedule be tied to the VIN and therefore be up to date?
It seems that everyone knows by now - on this forum - that they don't match. Yet, nobody knows why....

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
I noticed a shift in subaru's maint sched data that I suspect is all about throwing the dealer a bone. The online data is still not the owners manual data ;-) I would guess that the online sched data via mysubaru site is part of the throwing dealers a bone.

Stick with the owners manual your car was shipped with.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would guess that the online sched data via mysubaru site is part of the throwing dealers a bone.
Good point that I failed to consider. Kinda lame for Subaru to do this. Not only does it cause confusion and stress but intentionally showing a more expensive maintenance schedule is a questionable business policy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts