Subaru Outback Forums banner

Manufacture Buyback

8K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jmacey_1 
#1 ·
Hello,

Has anyone gone through a Manufacture Buyback/ exchange/replacement of their Subaru.
I Did find a one person on the site who did, but was wonder of other experiences with the process.

Thanks,
Jan

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
Well in that case I'm glad I don't live in Oregon.
On that point, we agree.

[....... Long quotation of California lemon law statutes......]
You ought to read the very last sentence of what you quoted: "The manufacturer may show that the criteria has not been met (for example, because the problems are minor) and therefore, the buyer or lessee is not entitled to a replacement vehicle or refund."

It's highly unlikely that an inaccurate fuel gauge is going to qualify as anything but "minor".

Just what are you after here?

#7 ·
This is not a minor problem
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...37-brand-new-2017-2-5-fuel-gauge-problem.html

The Dealer told me they they can't figure out why they can't get this to corrected.

So in your opinion a Fuel Gauge that goes from full to 3/4 quarters and back again at various mileage is not a issue

Sometimes I fill is up and at any where from 40 miles to 60 it show full then 2 miles later it shows 1/2 a tank and fluctuates back and fourth.
In my short life I have never had a car that ever remotely had this type of issue.
This is not a minor issue .

#9 ·
For those of us where the words, "in my short life" was decades ago, a fluctuating fuel gauge was perfectly normal on cars of the 60's and 70's.

It's little more than a minor annoyance. Not worthy of a buyback demand.

Reactions: OldBay
#8 ·
years ago jeep grand cherokees use to run out of gas on the highway, with their gauges stuck around 1/2 (or so??)

chrysler fought off a safety recall suggesting the gauge is not a safety item. it is a luxury item. (I guess vs. a wooden stick down the top of the tank, or someone writing their odometer reading when they filled and calculating how far they should go before a tank ran out.....like if they had no gas gauge at all.

problem is. some owners did not know it was not working until theirs died in the road. (imagine that happening in crowded 70mph traffic).

#12 ·
I had similar in an old Pontiac many years ago. The fuel gauge stopped working properly. Showed about a half tank when I had a quarter or less. Started using the trip odometer to clock mileage between fill-ups - reset to 0 at each fill up. Funny thing was when the battery died in that car, someone I was sharing a house with at the time took me to Sears for a new Die Hard. He had an Oldsmobile at the time. Said he had to stop for gas first. I said fine cause he was taking me to Sears to help with my battery issues. He reset his odo in his Olds. He said oh yeah my gas gauge doesn't work. Olds / Pontiac - -both GM's in the '90's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.