Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
05 Outback XT Wagon 5 sp. manual
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

Does anybody know how to find out the date of manufacture of these OBXT's? Typically when you get a new rig the date is on a sticker along with the VIN, tire pressure info, etc. at the drivers door jam somewhere. I have a sticker there but no date. I have looked at all the stickers/plates in all the doors and under the hood and can't seem to find anything.

Am I blind or what?

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2005 Outback XT Limited MT
2,409 Posts
Good question. It's got to be somewhere (but it may be coded).

OK gang, I know we've got plenty of time today; let's get on it.

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,409 Posts
I think he is looking for the actual date (i.e. Sept. 21, 2004)

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Premium
148 Posts
The only place I've seen the actual date (m/d/y) was on the MSO (manufacturer's statement of origin). I had to turn it in to the state to get my title and license.

·
Registered
former 2005 Outback XT
5 Posts
Hello, on my 05 xt (bought it 12/24/04!!!), the sticker showing the manufacturing date is towards the bottom of the driver's side door. It's not easy to find, but it's there. When I bought the car, I specifically made it a point to the saleman that I wanted as late a date as possible.

By the way, mine was manufactured in 11/04.

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,409 Posts
Hey Black_XT: Welcome to the site (and to the OB-XT Forum).

Thanks for the info.

I found that date also--mine was 7/04--but I could not find anything more specific than the month and the year.

·
Registered
05 Outback XT Wagon 5 sp. manual
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup...I finally found it today. The sticker is on the drivers door toward the bottom. Mine says 8/04 so I guess it was sitting on the lot for a bit (bought 12/17/04). I guess that's ok since it only had 5 miles on it.

Its pretty funny the dealer had probably 100 OBXT wagons, sedans, and the 6 bangers and yet they only had 2 OBXT wagons that weren't Limiteds' with the 5MT. I just don't care for leather and sunroofs. They also said of the OBXT's they have been selling the Limited AT was the most popular by far.

It was probably why they let me have it for 1000 plus off the MSRP and gave me a reasonable offer above kelly blue book trade-in for '02 f150 FX4 gas hog. BTW first tank of gas averaged around 23.5 mpg with combination hwy, urban, and deep snow driving at low speeds. Lots better than the old Ford!

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,409 Posts
Dignotov. Sounds like you got yourself a good deal and a good vehicle. My unofficial calculations would support the contention that the Ltd. package is a very popular option. On the other hand (at least on this site) the MT is far more prevalent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts