Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my navigation stopped working properly. It no longer shows names of streets/roads or speed in the display in front of the driver, and the maps show location of the vehicle in a way off distance from where ever I am at the time. Anyone else experience this yet?

·
Registered
2016 OB, 2.5i Ltd w/Eyesight; 2011 Miata
70 Posts
Does this continue after a power off/on sequence? My 2016 OB occasionally goes into strange modes that are cured by pulling over, turning the ignition, etc. off, and restarting. If that's insufficient, one could try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes. If that doesn't do the trick, I'd contact the dealer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yesterday my navigation stopped working properly. It no longer shows names of streets/roads or speed in the display in front of the driver, and the maps show location of the vehicle in a way off distance from where ever I am at the time. Anyone else experience this yet?
I think there’s another thread about this. There’s a display option, I believe it looks like an arrow, if you tap that the map changes and your street names will reappear. Also I saw a video on YouTube where a reviewer shows that on some of the new ones the dealer didn’t complete the Pre-Delivery Inspection procedure and if zoom the map display out far enough the vehicle’s position is shown in another state. That shouldn’t have anything to do with your question just thought I’d mention it.

·
Registered
2020 Outback 2.5i Limited
46 Posts
A few of us have had issues where the screen opened with a globe, zoomed out to 2,000 mile resolution. The temporary fix was to manually zoom back in. Also, I found that selecting a favorite or entering an address brought it back to the normal screen ... until the car was shut off. My suspicion was that it was caught doing an update, because a few days later everything returned to normal and the problem never came back.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does this continue after a power off/on sequence? My 2016 OB occasionally goes into strange modes that are cured by pulling over, turning the ignition, etc. off, and restarting. If that's insufficient, one could try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes. If that doesn't do the trick, I'd contact the dealer.
Sure does.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stopped at the dealer this morning to make an appt. I've tried everything to get the nav to work to no avail. After making the appt (next Tue), my salesman saw me and asked what was up. Told him what was going on and he had me take him for a ride. He messed around with it also, to no avail. We got back to the dealership and he took the car into one of the shop stalls. After about 15 minutes he came back and said they tried various things including doing a factory reset of the system. Factory reset did not solve the problem, and now rather than being a few miles from where I am, it shows me to be in New York City about 3 hrs away. Said they were going to contact Subaru tech support on the issue as this was the first problem they have seen with the 2020 nav units.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5 Hi-Yo, Ice Silver! Away!
161 Posts
Factory reset did not solve the problem, and now rather than being a few miles from where I am, it shows me to be in New York City about 3 hrs away.
@n2ow posted a video about this on youtube.

Check it out and see if it helps.

He mentions that a "pre delivery inspection fuse" not being in delivery position

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
141 Posts
The Subaru TechTips newsletter that mentions this says that it would always "not work." If it worked, and then stops working, I'd go in to dealership mode and see if it is getting GPS signals correctly. That seems rather strange. Based on what you're describing, it sounds like a possible loose GPS antenna connector or something.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Subaru TechTips newsletter that mentions this says that it would always "not work." If it worked, and then stops working, I'd go in to dealership mode and see if it is getting GPS signals correctly. That seems rather strange. Based on what you're describing, it sounds like a possible loose GPS antenna connector or something.
You're right ... mine worked for almost 2 months before it went off kilter last week. Appt next Tue and dealership said they were contacting Subaru about the problem before my appointment.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
1,380 Posts
Off topic, but can you add your Youtube channel's link to your signature? That way I don't have to go to YouTube and search through my subscriptions :p

·
Registered
161 Posts
NAVI Does Not Show Correct Location:
It is possible during Delivery Mode for the NAVI GPS display to show Manhattan, NY location all the time. This is a default setting for GPS in this mode. Other indicators of Delivery Mode are the arrow is gray color and clock is off. If a customer presents with this concern, confirm the PDI fuse is in the delivery position and not open.

After the PDI Fuse is moved, the GPS starts receiving a signal to update the map to the current location. As soon as the GPS receives the current location, the map icon will turn cyan (blue/green) and the clock resets.Please note, the syncing process time varies depending on the available GPS signal strength. Driving the vehicle (while avoiding frequent direction changes) for a few miles will expedite the process.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts