Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT Autumn Green
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received email
"
As part of your three years of free map updates, a SUBARU STARLINK® navigation map update is available for your 2020 Outback at no cost to you. This update will improve your overall experience with enhanced street names and addresses. New Points of Interest (POI) and road restrictions are also included with the update.

To complete the update and ensure safe and on time arrival to your next destination, follow the instructions linked below.
"
I click on the link and it looks like it is going to adobe.com and doesn't load up. Though I don't use the nav map as AA and google maps works better for me.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
2,544 Posts
One year and two updates later, I'm done with my "free" updates. In my experience they take hours and rarely install smoothly. ( My first one took 3 days, two USB sticks and 3 download attempts. The second was only slightly better.) ) One of my downloads even made my Navigation unstable (although there are those who swear that this is not possible.) before 504 stabilized it again. Our Navigation is disappointing enough without rubbing salt in the wound with poorly designed updates.

·
Registered
2020 Legacy Limited XT
776 Posts
Just checked the web site and the November update is the latest one. Using the Map Updater software on my Apple laptop has been a fairly quick - about 25 minutes - and simple process. Installing it on my Legacy has also taken less than 30 minutes with no issues. On my wife’s Onyx it‘s a 90+ minute process. I assume they upgraded the CCU from her December 2019 Onyx to my July 2020 Legacy accounting for the difference.

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
1,102 Posts
I also checked the Map Updater and the latest update shown was 11/20.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited and 2015 Forester Limited
378 Posts
I click on the link and it looks like it is going to adobe.com and doesn't load up. Though I don't use the nav map as AA and google maps works better for me.
I just received the email. Clicking the link does indeed bring up a blank page but at the same time the attached PDF was downloaded to my computer. One thing to note is the PDF is titled "Gen4_NAVI_HOWTO_v2.pdf" but the instructions clearly show a Gen 6 infotainment screen with the Auto Start/Stop button on the main screen. I'll see what happens when I try to download the update file.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts