Discussion Starter #1
A2.20.28.20 and maps 1051-7480-10373

Anyone try it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
746 Posts
I just stumbled through the download to get it on a thumb drive. I'll put it in the car tomorrow.
I'm close to 66y/o, I just find this hard to do.

Reactions: paroxysym

·
Registered
'19 OB SE Premium 2.5 in Dark Pearl Blue with Ivory interior
32 Posts
i found the 50 min wait with engine on for the USB u/g process to complete the worst part, hangs on the map/nav update forever, and needed 32GB USB to fit it all on. so when i updated in June (Rel_UF.20.14.70 EU), i did it when i had a long drive planned, and then when unit rebooted, i managed put my MP3 music USB back in. All good.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited with Eyesight
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Updated ok, but android auto will not connect
On USB port defaults to charging only ...I change it to android auto port and still does not connect

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I reset AA and rebooted everything, works now

·
Registered
746 Posts
Just finished the up load into the car. I didn't start the car, pushed the on button twice, turned off the HVAC system put the thumb drive in and followed the prompts. started at 1:55PM, finished at 2:35PM.

Started the car afterwards and let it run for a few minutes.

I sat there and looked through the owners manuals, good thing to do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just tried the update. It failed. I tried again, reinstating the USB drive, but still nothing (no percentage countdown, no messages, just a blank screen). Eventually, the software failed box came up.

And now my radio won't restart.

What did I do wrong?
15985754004066323253724985601299.jpg

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try to reload software on a different USB stick. My new ones had problems, the one I use is a 10 yo 16gb SanDisk one

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 2.5i
334 Posts
I had a similar problem a few updates ago when I didn't reformat/fully erase a usb stick between updates. Once I fixed that it was fine. I'm using a 32GB Sandisk from a Costco 3-pack.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited nav/eye purchased 8/6/18
298 Posts
Did mine yesterday. Went completely hitch-free. I didn't (never have) run the engine during the update. Took a bit over a half-hour in the car. All's well...

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
1,105 Posts
I always do, just go for a long drive..

Reactions: HighlanderUK

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only problem I had was Waze not opening correctly. Just gets a blank screen. Removed it and reinstalled, same problem

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited nav/eye purchased 8/6/18
298 Posts
Hmmm... Never used Waze before, but did today (after update). Worked great! Using iPhone, not Android.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I use waze on my phone, I'm to old to figure how the phone will put waze in the car. Waze is free. when these updates stop being free...I'm not paying $200 to renew.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed the update yesterday. Much to my annoyance I had the same "USB was unplugged..." error message to start and every time I pressed the "Retry" button. After getting a bit frustrated by the problem, I turned the car off and on again. This time the head unit was able to install the update without any problems. Took about 25 minutes to update. Give that a try if you run into the "Unplugged" problem.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just tried waze on my Android phone after I updated to Android 11 and it appears to work fine

1 - 20 of 36 Posts