Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What color should I get my rims painted? Tricky for the color of the car..... Should they get painted like gold, white, black or what? I like gold but Idk..

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 Outback Wagon Green 2.2 swap
50 Posts
I too am a fan of the dark colors. Black, anthracite, gun metal grey, maybe even a dark bronze, you name it. I think all would look good with your color car. I am more a fan of powder coating than painting just because of the durability but that also presents a potential issue with finding paint that will match for the center cap.
Whatever you pick make sure to post pics.

·
Registered
1999 Outback Wagon Green 2.2 swap
50 Posts
The plasti-dip could be kind of cool. That way you could change colors more easily if you find you don't like your current choice. I have no idea why they wouldn't have taken the wheels off first though. I think it would make it a whole lot easier.
I may try that myself. At least that way you don't have to take the tires off the wheels as well.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6
27 Posts
Haven't tried it myself yet but I would definitely take the wheel off the car first. I agree t would make job allot easier

·
Registered
1999 Outback Limited Manual EJ25
95 Posts
Good call - this could go well with your maroon obw and would be much less flashy than a strait gold.
+1, though personally I would be stupid enough to try straight gold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts