Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having problems with mass airflow sensor ? I have had my 2015 Outback 2.5i in twice now for dash warning lights coming on. (after over two years of trouble free operation) The second time in they diagnosed it as the mass airflow sensor, cleaned it up - this lasted two months, check engine and others started up again today. :frown2:

·
Registered
2012 Outback Limited 2.5
72 Posts
Have you checked to see if it is a gas cap problem rather than a MAF issue? Often times a faulty gas cap will trigger a lot of warning lights and your cruise control won't work.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited, 2.5i, Keyless, Nav, Eyesight, Venetian Red
322 Posts
Thanks, AFAIK, the cap is fine. I'll probably get it checked out next week.
Why do you say it is fine. Just because it is tight, does not mean it is sealed. I had the same problem with my wife's previous car. A thin film of silicone greas on the seal fixed it.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5i Limited
28 Posts
I beleive there is an Oring
Good to know.
aradlaw, you might clean it on your own, just buy a Mass Air Flow Sensor cleaner (~ $10), spray the sensor thoroughly and let it dry out before reconnecting. All you need is a Phillips screwdriver.
Also check/change the air filter.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
131 Posts
Mystified about the purported gas-cap seal thing. Just did a bone-head thing yesterday via unintentionally leaving the cap off and dangling and the access door wide open. Drove thirty miles before noticing. Saw NO dashboard indications of anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts