Subaru Outback Forums banner

Master Key FOB Subaru outback 2008 lost

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rsrocket1 
#1 ·
I still have the valet key, I called my Subaru dealer to get a new Master and auto locksmiths and it is so pricy. I looked into this forum to see if I could find my answer but no luck bear with me.
Is there any way that I could get the key online and have it cut by someone and then being able to program this new key by myself? if so where can I find my answer.
Subaru swears I cant do this and that they are the only one who can help.
Thank you so..

#3 ·
Thank you but I did call 3 locksmiths and they are all even more expensive than the Subaru dealers
I was hoping to be able to order the key from another source, have it cut and then program it myself or by somebody else, but I did not find anything on line or on my owner manual.
Any other ideas?

#6 ·
I lost one of my keys to my 08 OB and was left with a very worn out key/fob and a like new valet key. There is a locksmith about 20 miles from me whom I've used in the past with other cars with great success. I bought 2 uncut keyfobs complete with internal electronics and the locksmith cut and programmed the keys into the Outback for $50. I had the one original keyfob with me and he said he had to wipe the memory from the car and couple the 3 fobs to the car. He also said that if I find the other missing keyfob to bring it in and he will couple it for free.

It pays to shop around and find the right locksmith. Some wanted as much as $200 to cut and program one key. Several years ago I found this guy and he cut 4 keys and programmed 3 in another car for $75.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.