Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Outback VDC with the McIntosh PF-2510I-A 6-disc in-dash CD changer.

It has worked great, though gets hot a good bit of the time, until just the past few weeks.

It is now in the WB (weather band) only state. You can change disks, but it is stuck on the WB feature.

I have read that this is a reasonably common failure state and one person indicated something about an on-board battery being dead but no further details. I ran into a post selling this unit indicating the same failure state, saying it only needed a capacitor and diode replaced, no details.

I have the service manual but I have yet to see anything in the diagrams that looks like a battery.
Here is a great resource on this unit:
McIntosh PF-2520I-A My Blog

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fixing this? I'm fine taking it apart and doing some basic soldering if needed but I'm less interested in taking to a shop to have it repaired for $200-$400 or replaced for much more than that. I plan on adding the Clarion EA1251B iPod connector while I'm at it.

Thanks for any help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
fifer
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing