Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5 4EAT in Granny Gold
112 Posts
I have these or a different part # on my 08 outback for the past 3-4 years. I did a lot of other suspension at the same time so I can't tell what the real handling difference was. The only problems I have is, I don't think the main stream alignment shops know what to do with them since the nuts are always loose right after the alignment. The nuts are known to loosen up on their own, but I used medium loctite last time which seemed to solve that. I marked the direction of how the nut tightens to help remind if I don't touch them in a while. The rubber is seeming to hold up fine, but I am in a hot climate.

·
Registered
2009 outback wagon 2.5
133 Posts
I put the Whiteline version on my 09 when I rebuilt the suspension this winter.
Ride is nice. Firm but not harsh. But can't tell how much there contributed to that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Otteru I wondered the same thing. I figured options were always good but if someone doesn't know how to use them, well that's another story. I have had the same Suby mechanic for years so I'm sure they'll know what to do but now that Portland has tons of potholes I was going to get the "lifetime" alignment but not sure now.

kurtlange Whitelines look great but they're out of my price range.

·
Registered
2000 OB Brighton, 2005 OB 2.5 Euro Spec, 2007 OB w/ DIY 2" Lift
144 Posts
I got the whitelines for a steal of a deal on an Amazon pricing error. Not a fan of their bushing design. The multi-piece bushing keeps on bending itself out.
The Megan’s look like they wouldn’t have that problem.
Automotive tire Wood Automotive wheel system Gas Rim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts