Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
And how did the driving lights perform?
They were very good. Lots of light up front, I would like to have a half hour to just tweak them a bit - wait till it's not so cold at night maybe.. The difference between normal OB LED high beam and throwing the spotties on is pretty much night and day - (bad light pun). We came back last weekend from out west, some good stretches with them in use and they make a big difference to night vision. However, a big pain with any extra lights these days is the amount of large reflective signage along the road giving huge glare back. The Hi-beam assist went into false positive overload when we first (months ago) ran the driving lights, due to the level of reflected light. As mentioned elsewhere, you can only successfully run spotties with any sanity in normal (non Hi-beam assist) mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jock,
Just finished fitting the light bar to my 2018 OB 2.5 premium. Took a while as CANM8 did not work straight away as advised by supplier to connect to back of OBD socket, anyway after further consultation with them they sent updated diagram to connect to wires behind drivers side kick panel. Now all works well. Not had to use it yet though.
On a slightly different subject, I am having to take my car back to the Subaru dealers on Monday to have new Infotainment module fitted as not switching on at all, so no music, sat nav or anything.

20191025_1104442.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Light bar looks good on there. The OBD ports are firewalled I believe so are no good for the data required from the CAN BUS. I think you will find the interface works well, pretty quick transition from low beam >> high beam + driving lights/bar full crank.
The dead head unit thing is going to affect probably every car out there by all accounts, head over to that thread: https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/2018-headunit-issues-thread.465882/page-105#post-5883506 and read all about it if you have not already but I can't imagine anybody in here could have avoided it. Mine took a while to get sorted with a replacement unit and it's all good now.
Cheers!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts