Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outbacks, Grey Premium & Silver Limited
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to sound like a humblebrag (and let's face it, it is) but I have received so much positive feedback over the years from thousands of people for building this community and contributing to it.

If you are reading this please know that YOU are what makes this site work. I would like to have this thread open for anyone who wants to express their gratitude to any member for their contributions to our online community or anything else.

@1 Lucky Texan is someone who has been here since the beginning and I would like to thank them for sticking around and for the incredible amount of awesome stuff they have shared over the years, and also for never changing your avatar since you joined (I just look for that myself)! WE are lucky to have them aboard.

Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
There are many more experienced folks here than myself, but I make an effort to help when I can, maybe occasionally I insert myself unnecessarily, but it's out of a desire not to let folks 'hang' or assuring they get complete info - or to encourage some 'sideways thinking'.

I myself would not have attempted half the work I've done on my cars without brucey, Plain, cardoc, or many others. It's easy for me to be nervous when attempting stuff with 'low predictability' and pics, links to videos and emotional support are important to me. I don't have great social skills so, participation here is highly valued. I even like being corrected - hardly a week goes by I don't learn something.

For the other folks that contribute both original on topic material, AND site support/moderation, etc. THANK YOU.

Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
I think that the longer you are part of this forum...the more info and help you get. I joined in Dec 2009 when we got our 4th Gen...which was replaced by Subaru bc our first one had the dreaded shake. This is the longest I have been a part of any forum community and it is by far the best one...although the one for the new crosstrek is pretty good too...;)

Registered
@walker has been an invaluable resource, letting new people like me know what's what even when he's probably had to repeat the same things as new people join. There are many others, but for being consistent across so many threads, providing helpful information (not just opinion) Walker is my hero.

Discussion Starter #5
@walker has been an invaluable resource, letting new people like me know what's what even when he's probably had to repeat the same things as new people join.
I want to give thank to everyone, in particular to our moderator team @AWDFTW @Brucey @Rub @eagleeye , who has been incredibly patient and charitable in answering common questions that have been asked and answered multiple times in the past. That is a BIG part of what makes everything work well.

Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
I want to give thank to everyone, in particular to our moderator team @AWDFTW @Brucey @Rub @eagleeye , who has been incredibly patient and charitable in answering common questions that have been asked and answered multiple times in the past. That is a BIG part of what makes everything work well.
You posted it just like we practiced it.

Brucey
'17 3.6
He said I was patient.

Ha.

I came here after totalling my Camry and wound up with an Outback. Wanted more info on it and found this place.

The great resources and greater community has hooked me since. Even when I was not driving an Outback I still showed up here.

In addition to everyone else mentioned I have to thank @idosubaru for all the good info/experience he's shared.

Discussion Starter #9
Bear with me as I think I have a funny story to tell. The other day I was thinking, "@Brucey has been a member on this website for a long time, he has been a moderator here for a long time too. When did that happen???"

Every so often I like to go back and read through things from the good'ole days. I had completely forgotten that I was a big cheerleader for bringing Brucey on as a moderator some 15 years ago. Little did we know when we brought him aboard that he was a seasoned veteran moderator of multiple other online communities as we as having an interesting enthusiasm about cars. And unless I am terribly mistaken he is the longest serving mod or admin other than myself.

Thanks to Brucey for sticking with us all these years, your contributions are a cornerstone of this website.

Registered
Bear with me as I think I have a funny story to tell. The other day I was thinking, "@Brucey has been a member on this website for a long time, he has been a moderator here for a long time too. When did that happen???"

Every so often I like to go back and read through things from the good'ole days. I had completely forgotten that I was a big cheerleader for bringing Brucey on as a moderator some 15 years ago. Little did we know when we brought him aboard that he was a seasoned veteran moderator of multiple other online communities as we as having an interesting enthusiasm about cars. And unless I am terribly mistaken he is the longest serving mod or admin other than myself.

Thanks to Brucey for sticking with us all these years, your contributions are a cornerstone of this website.
Amen

Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
He said I was patient.

Ha.

I came here after totalling my Camry and wound up with an Outback. Wanted more info on it and found this place.

The great resources and greater community has hooked me since. Even when I was not driving an Outback I still showed up here.

In addition to everyone else mentioned I have to thank @idosubaru for all the good info/experience he's shared.
...so how did you end up being a moderator?

On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
I just showed up on the day they opened.

I didn't even know what a nuclear panner plant was.
insert Homer J Simpson, at the big control board,. (...yeah posting pics here is harder, and finding open source simpsons that will successfully link is harder still)

Registered
Subaru No. 5 ... A pearl white 2013 2.5 Outback Limited w/moonroof.
Had to visit the forum yesterday to find a fix for another small issue in my 2013 outback. Leak from the eyeglass case and wet areas at the top of the A pillars. Found many posts and helpful solutions....WITH PICTURES!.... which made the repair easy. My issue was clogged sunroof drains. 0.095" weed wacker string and a 7 foot length of plastic wrapped 5mm support wire did the trick.

Just wanted to say THANKS to everyone who contributes their solutions to the forum.

Brad

Registered
2006 Imprezza Outback Sport
Just so you know...
I came here at the beginning of the year, because my old car died...and I bought my first Subaru.
I was on a similar site when I owned my Toyota.
Although I found a TON of great info...the mod's were a little snarky...
and often chewed people out for "not properly searching for old threads on the subject"
before starting a new thread.
Thank for for being a source of valuable knowledge...
and for NOT being a D**K :love:

(sorry for the language)

Discussion Starter #19
I was on a similar site when I owned my Toyota.
Although I found a TON of great info...the mod's were a little snarky...
and often chewed people out for "not properly searching for old threads on the subject"
before starting a new thread.
To be fair we went through a phase like that a few years ago where it seemed like for well over a decade people were searching for everything throughout the site and then at some point the majority of new membership was bombarding the site with new threads on VERY common subjects. I don't get upset about it unless someone wants to post swearing up and down that they went above and beyond and out of their way to search for whatever subject and just had to create a new thread, when the subject is literally one we have been discussing pretty much every day for years on end. Something like:

2.5L vs. 3.6L
Trailer hitches and towing
What oil should I use?
What oil filter should I use?
What tires should I put on my car?

Some of these things we have dedicated forums for so for someone to tell us that they DID search and just could not find a single thing on the subject... I want to just ban people for fibbin' some times.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts