Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 388 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOW IN STOCK!!!

Details: Method Race Wheels Rally 15x7 +15 5-100 Matte Black

We had the chance to pick up a limited number (only 120) 15x7 Method Racing Rally wheels. We've placed our order and the wheels are on their way. If you are looking to give your lifted Outback an aggressive rally look you won't find a better wheel option so jump on these while supplies last.

Method Racing Rally Wheel Specs:
15x7 5x100 +15mm offset
Matte Black Finish
Steel Inserted lug holes - Strength
No center cap
Subaru Hub Centric (56.1 hub bore)
Built to Subaru Rally Team Specs

Discount Tire Part #75691​

Recognize these wheels? Likely so, these wheels are produced by Method Racing Wheels for the Subaru Rally Team. Driver David Higgins recently finished the last 14 miles of stage 6 at the Mt. Hood Rally on a bare wheel after he blew a tire in the first mile. Higgins reached speeds over 100mph and this is what the wheel looked like after the beating.

More info on the story here: WATCH: David Higgins In-Car and Mt. Hood Rally Recap | Method Race Wheels

To pre-order a set of your Subaru please call 1.888.459.4080.

_____
_____
_____

·
Premium Member
2010 Outback Premium 2.5
140 Posts
for a gen 4 outback that is about 1.3" difference.

·
Registered
99 OBW 4EAT, getting built
417 Posts
Will they fit over the brakes on those? I don't think most 15s will.

I'm somewhat interested but it would be nice if there was a price posted here - I never like calling just to find out a price on something.

·
Supporting Vendor
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+15mm offset? Isn't a typical Outback wheel around +48mm offset?
Yes, typical factory and aftermarket wheels are 40+mm. These wheels are for extreme fitments and have a lower offset to allow for wider tires. If you are looking for more of a factory replacement set up, these wheels aren't for you. 15x7 with a +15 will sit flush with the fenders on a latest gen Outback. (not counting the tire)

I'm somewhat interested but it would be nice if there was a price posted here - I never like calling just to find out a price on something.
The lower offset should give this wheel the clearance it need to clear the brakes on the newest body Outbacks.

We'll post a link to the pricing when its available online but right now these are listed for $140 each in our system. You'll need to call in your order if you decide you want to make a purchase before they are listed on our website. This week we already have 11 pre-orders so there are only 24 sets left.

·
Supporting Vendor
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're looking for someone in the Phoenix metro area to do a test fit on these wheels. If you live in the Phoenix area, own the newest generation Outback and are interested in helping us with a test fit please PM us. Thank you for your help!

·
Supporting Vendor
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Supporting Vendor
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you test fit these? If so do you have photos on them mounted
No, we have not had the chance to test fit these on the Outback. PM coming your way.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts

15" rally wheels will clear 4th gen 2.5 calipers but not 3.6. the team dynamic pro rally wheels will clear and they have a +40 offset. i want these wheels offered but im broke right now so im looking for 16" wrx wheels.

·
Registered
17 3.6r limited ob, 14 carbide grey metallic ob (Traded)
49 Posts
what size tire would you run on these for a 14 ob to equal the stock 17?

·
Supporting Vendor
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what size tire would you run on these for a 14 ob to equal the stock 17?
215/75R15 is closest to the stock tire size. You could also consider 235/70R15. These are about 1/3" taller than the stock tire in overall diameter.

Link: 235/70R15 Tire options

·
Supporting Vendor
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
01 2.5RS and 02 Outback Sedan
14 Posts
I was curious where people could actually buy those wheels. And that seems like a really good price.

·
Registered
2017 OB Limited - Ice Silver
173 Posts
These are nice !!!, this may be a stupid question, but do these also come in the stock 17x7.5 - 5x100 ?

·
Supporting Vendor
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
These are nice !!!, this may be a stupid question, but do these also come in the stock 17x7.5 - 5x100 ?
Not at this time. Right now they are limited to 15" only.

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,775 Posts
I am not sure what the point of 17" wheels would be, besides merely style.

However, 16" wheels that can clear 3.6/all 2015+ OBs brakes would be very intriguing to the off-pavement enthusiasts due to the much better tire choices and prices in that size.

As trucks wear larger and larger shoes, 16" offerings may soon start to dwindle at the expense of larger ones but as of right now, 16" wheels seem best for off-pavement duty. I looked at 15" tire options in relevant sizes, not nearly as good as 16" (for IV gen OB).

1 - 20 of 388 Posts