Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R, 2013 Porsche Boxster S
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R in early February. 3 weeks in, I have my first upgrade: Method MR502 wheels in titanium gunmetal, 17" with Maxxis AT-771 tires. You can read my first impressions on the 3.6R in an earlier post which I wrote a few days after picking up the car and putting on a few hundred miles. The one thing that is bland and overly conservative about the 2018 Outback design is the wheels. The 18" OEM rims are just plain boring, and combined with the stock tires, this is the clear weak point of an otherwise great package.

The MR502 wheels and AT rubber instantly transform the car, a much more aggressive look, and gives it a more defined purpose. In my opinion, the simple upgrade puts it ahead of 99% of SUVs on the road :smile2:.

Truth be told, the seed for this upgrade was planted a year back when I came across a 4th gen Outback with Method wheels. At that time I had my stock 2010 OB, and first considered tinkering with it. This thought led to one thing then to another, and ultimately to a new 2018 OB. I though carefully about the gold vs. titanium rims and OB color. Perhaps the green/gold or blue/bold combo is more striking, but my ride is nice too.

·
Registered
2015 3.6 Premium
1,138 Posts
Noice

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited
33 Posts
I recently upgraded to the MR502 in gunmetal with Yokohama Geolandar G015 and I completely agree. The upgrade transforms the looks and the drive.

Also, those are really nice photos!

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Touring White
21 Posts
Any follow up on this? Are you still happy with the wheel/tire pairing. This will definitely be my first upgrade, absolutely love the look.

·
Registered
2019 Outback
715 Posts
I love those wheels. As to why I got them myself :-D most of the wheels that fit the Outback look like they should be on a Civic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm completely new to making any changes to any car I've ever bought, but I've been planning on a wheel and tire upgrade as well as skid plates so I can go explore some of the remote areas of California where I live.

Your OB looks great. I have a '15 OB in the same silver and just ordered the Method MR502s and am planning on ordering the Maxxis Bravos as well. I see on Maxxis website that the tires in size 235/65R17 come with white outlined lettering. I see that yours are black. Is the white letter just on one side (which gives you the option of white or black)?

I'm not against the white lettering...more just want to confirm before I pull the trigger on the tires.

Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
2000 Outback 5mt & 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
16 Posts
I'm emailing pictures of your car to my wife. We have a 17 Outback in the same color and I want those Methods badly!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts