Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around for fellow Michigan Owners. misubie forum isn't used very much so I figured id reach out in here to see who may be around the Detriot area with your Subaru...

Recently purchased a 2005 Outback 3.0R Sedan Limited and starting mods soon... what are all of my other Michigan Subaru owners up to on their subarus ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
There are a few of us on here.

The only mods I plan to make are geared toward getting me through the snow and down un-improved roads a little better.

·
Registered
144 Posts
No. I got them from tiresbyweb.

They're a Michigan shop so if you shop with them the sales tax will cancel the savings of free shipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have some tires for sale. 10 miles on them. Stock outback tires 2.5i premium. Asking $299 for 4 of them. Dearborn mi

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
The Continental Winter Contact SI 215/55R-17 is a decent winter tire. While not the best performance I have handled in the deepest of snow or slush that throws differentials around with this vehicle, I would trust it on dry cold pavement and hard packed business trips every morning I am late for work.

Northwest Michigan represent!

Good luck with the stock tire sale.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
SE Michigan here, although my stomping grounds for work cover Port Huron to Muskegon, and much of what's below and in between. Travel up north quite a bit for camping and vacations. Our dealership is Dunning in Ann Arbor. Anyone else down this way? Anyone do any off pavement stuff?

·
Registered
5 Posts
SE Michigan here

I'm in the Auburn Hills area... Does anyone know of a good performance shop, specifically around SE MI? I've heard of Boost Controlled Performance in Livonia, but they're almost an hour away from me. They have great reviews, so when the time comes for a tune I may just plan to go with them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any decent shops around that are Subie friendly?
I'd go to Fox Subaru. I've been to both Fox and My Auto Import Center in Muskegon. Fox has been way better to me for service despite the fact that I bought my '17 from My Auto Imports. They couldn't even get the oil weight right. Fox was able to get SoA to cover 50% of the cost for new tires as goodwill for an issue I was having.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Grand Rapids

Got mine at Fox Subbie here in town. Their service dept is good to work with.

Mods/updates I've done:
K&N air filters (internal and external)
LED back up bulbs.
Installed ECO hitch and wiring harness.
Replaced low beam bulbs with high beam bulbs with adaptor cords, adjusted fog light alignment.
Installed Hella horns & relay.

Now if only there was a good aftermarket head unit to sync with any smartphone made after 2005 that works with HK amp...

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I'd go to Fox Subaru. I've been to both Fox and My Auto Import Center in Muskegon. Fox has been way better to me for service despite the fact that I bought my '17 from My Auto Imports. They couldn't even get the oil weight right. Fox was able to get SoA to cover 50% of the cost for new tires as goodwill for an issue I was having.
Dropped it off at Fox today. Reverse gear is stripped as far as I can tell. just bought the car in September CPO and this happens! Hopefully the CPO warranty will cover it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ann Arbor here

Ann Arbor here. Would love to try some offroading (for beginners) sometime soon, especially if it includes camping/glamping.

I don't really have a dealer. Not keen on Dunning. When shopping for my current Outback I made an offer to them for an amount that was already a go with two other dealers. They told me that they would not even try to match the price and that they sold for MSRP because "they could".

I'll assume others have had ok/better experience with them but I likely would not even go there for warranty service. I bought from Sellers.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts