Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Near Grand Rapids. Have been dealing with Fox Subaru for quite a while now. The service dept is knowledgeable and good to work with. They took care of my wife right away when she drove in a couple of times without an appointment. One was a failing battery and the other was a loose gas cap. The gas cap was minor, but all the flashing dashboard lights freaked her out. They reseated the gas cap, assured her it was nothing to worry about and sent her on her way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Boy, I'll say... One of the job contracts I work is over in Interlochen, so I spend much of my summers in Grand Traverse County. You can't swing a dead cat there without hitting a Subie or six.

I usually always have either lunch or dinner at Taco House (Mmmmmm) on Garfield, so I get to see Serra Subaru's lot pretty frequently.
Had a good experience with Serra when a wheel bearing started making noise on our 2010 OB while on our way to Traverse for a short vacation. They looked at the car and did the diagnosis while I waited. Said I would need to leave it overnight to get the work done though. I asked about a ride back to Suttons Bay but instead they gave me a loaner to drive and had my car ready the next afternoon.

And you’re right, there seems to be at least one Subaru of one shape or another at every intersection you come to in the area. Not a bad thing.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Kevint1:

I will second the service dep't at Serra. They've never tried to upsell me for any warranty/recall work they've done on any of my vehicles. The service manager, Carl seems to be a conscientious guy that takes his work seriously

·
Registered
57 Posts
Near Grand Rapids. Have been dealing with Fox Subaru for quite a while now. The service dept is knowledgeable and good to work with. They took care of my wife right away when she drove in a couple of times without an appointment. One was a failing battery and the other was a loose gas cap. The gas cap was minor, but all the flashing dashboard lights freaked her out. They reseated the gas cap, assured her it was nothing to worry about and sent her on her way.
im also in GR, actually quite close to fox subaru

if you see me around, give me a wave!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts