Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading on this site, as well as a few others (including tirerack) about winter/snow tires. It was recommended to go with "minus one" for winter tires. So after a few days of research, I ordered Blizzak DM-V2 at a size of 225/65R17. OEM is 225/60R18. When getting the tires/wheels (I ordered steel rims for a dedicated winter/snow tires) installed, one of the guys working the front desk started talking to me about how that could void the warranty on the Outback, destroy the transmission, and kept saying "good luck with those wrong sized tires". I'm pretty much a newb, so it naturally has shaken my confidence in minus one sizing and whether or not this is going to mess up my Outback. I have a 2016 Outback 2.5 Limited. Does anybody have any thoughts on this issue?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,205 Posts
guy behind the desk = trying to sell you 18 rims and tires.

and/or a straight up idiot.

what does the 2016 subaru owners manual say about snows? (I know my 2002 one says to use 4 that are a little smaller / narrower then the regular all seasons).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up calling customer support for Subaru and the lady I spoke with told me where (pg 12-9) I could find the information regarding tire sizes in the owners manual. Turns out 225/65R17 are acceptable tires for my vehicle :) That's a relief. Thanks for your comment @eagleeye!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts