Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the remote start available in the 2013 Premium OB is after market (Audiovox, I think) - which isn't a huge deal, other than being annoying to carry two fobs. That said, having worked in car audio and security for a long time, it seems to me the way the safety shut-off gets wired isn't optimal. Has anyone dug into the wiring of the remote start system and changed the cut-off wiring?

On remote start systems like Clifford et al, the safety shut-off is wired to the brake, not the doors. Yes, if you open the door to a running car, you are now inside a car with no keys in it. But how do you shift out of park? You have to press the brake. Without the key inserted to the ON position, the car will stop running with you press the brake pedal. If the key is in the ON position, the remote-start system basically "lets go" and the car is ready to drive like normal.

Having the remote-start shut off when you open the door is stupid. Now I warm up my car, open the door, put the key in and start it again? Stupid.

Has anyone taken up this task, or should I venture forth with my meter and figure it out myself?

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
We have about a jillion threads on this. Lots of solutions and suggestions. The search tool isn't so great though, so have patience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts