Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in South East Georgia. I have a Subaru 2013 Outback. I tow an Aliner Ranger. Approximate wt. 1600 lbs. Would like to monitor transmission temp when traveling. I have an OBDLink LX. Not sure if it is going to show this information. Looking for suggestions. Thanks and please have patience with me.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,945 Posts

·
Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
2,435 Posts
Saw my name pop up:

I think your scanner will read whatever is available, it's going to be up to your app to do something with it. I think AT temps are recorded by the vehicle, you'll need to read your app manual to figure out how to display it.

My OB has the blue/red coolant temp light.

Blue = cold
Off = normal
Blinking Red = hot, slow down
Solid Red = pull over and read the "what to do in case of emergency" section of the manual.

The AT light
Off = normal
On = hot, pull over and let the engine idle until the light goes off

I have not seen any information on what the temperature setpoints are for those indicators.

--

I've pulled approx the same wt trailer through some pretty mountainous areas. They were a lower elevation (the Appalachians, not the Rockies). You lose about 3% HP for every 1000' above sea level.

The trailer I pulled through those mountains was a 5x8 UHaul, which stands pretty tall and catches a lot of wind. I pulled a 4x8 through the Ozarks and the 2.5 barely know it was back there.

I looked at the Aliner Ranger 12 dimensions, and it looks like the height is similar to the 4x8 but much wider.

--

Have you ever seen either of the temp warning lights come on? (I haven't.)

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
7 Posts
I monitor my 2013 3.6R temps using ActiveODB Android app with a wifi ODBII reader. Works great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts