Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in South East Georgia. I have a Subaru 2013 Outback. I tow an Aliner Ranger. Approximate wt. 1600 lbs. Would like to monitor transmission temp when traveling. I have an OBDLink LX. Not sure if it is going to show this information. Looking for suggestions. Thanks and please have patience with me.

On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd

Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
Saw my name pop up:

I think your scanner will read whatever is available, it's going to be up to your app to do something with it. I think AT temps are recorded by the vehicle, you'll need to read your app manual to figure out how to display it.

My OB has the blue/red coolant temp light.

Blue = cold
Off = normal
Blinking Red = hot, slow down
Solid Red = pull over and read the "what to do in case of emergency" section of the manual.

The AT light
Off = normal
On = hot, pull over and let the engine idle until the light goes off

I have not seen any information on what the temperature setpoints are for those indicators.

--

I've pulled approx the same wt trailer through some pretty mountainous areas. They were a lower elevation (the Appalachians, not the Rockies). You lose about 3% HP for every 1000' above sea level.

The trailer I pulled through those mountains was a 5x8 UHaul, which stands pretty tall and catches a lot of wind. I pulled a 4x8 through the Ozarks and the 2.5 barely know it was back there.

I looked at the Aliner Ranger 12 dimensions, and it looks like the height is similar to the 4x8 but much wider.

--

Have you ever seen either of the temp warning lights come on? (I haven't.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.